Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - TCU vs. Fullerton

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/23/2011 4:41:45 PM

FullertonAlum
FullertonAlum
Yes I'm a Fullerton guy. But I really think Fullerton will take 2 out of 3. I heard Matt Purke will miss the Friday game due to a blister on his pitching finger. I wonder if he will pitch at all this weekend. Do you know?
0 permalink
2/23/2011 5:50:18 PM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
He got bumped back from Fri to Sun according to Aaron Fitt's Twitter feed.
0 permalink
2/23/2011 7:33:29 PM

Textbook Plays
Textbook Plays
I also read that Purke will go on Sunday. I think TCU takes 2 of 3, though if Purke gets scratched I could see Fullerton getting 2.

--
Textbook Plays covers the game of baseball in the great states of Texas and Louisiana. From the MLB, college baseball, and top prospects.
0 permalink
2/23/2011 7:42:40 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
I love this series! I am not a fan of either team really but love that they are playing it! Can't wait. I think TCU 2 out of 3 but would not be surprised one bit if Fullerton took the series.
0 permalink
2/23/2011 7:46:22 PM

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
It will be interested to see how TCU plays. They sure do have a lot of talent. I think TCU takes 2 out of 3
0 permalink
2/23/2011 9:37:46 PM

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
Too bad it's too early for Boyd to have ISRs up. This would be a fun one to run against probabilities.
0 permalink
2/23/2011 10:59:45 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Irvinebaseballfan wrote:
Too bad it's too early for Boyd to have ISRs up. This would be a fun one to run against probabilities.

I like the Horned Frogs to win this series at home. The Titans have really struggled, as expected, at the plate to start the season, while TCU is the team with the better offense at this juncture in the season. The two teams have equal starting rotations as far as I'm concerned, so give me the Frogs two of there.

Looking forward to covering this series this weekend.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
2/24/2011 7:17:48 AM

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
This is the fourth year of this series and the road team has won the series every year thus far.

I'm hoping that the Frogs can end that trend this weekend, but it will be tough. Fullerton has great fundamentals and doesn't give you a lot of opportunities to put up big innings.

I expect several close and low scoring games between these two clubs.

Hopefully Purke pitches on Sunday, if he doesn't then it will certainly be a lot tougher to win the series. However, Maxwell and Winkler are both Friday caliber starters and would compete for the Friday starting spot on a lot of teams.
0 permalink
2/24/2011 9:40:44 AM

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
I'm pretty bummed that Purke's out on Friday. I've been looking forward to Purke/Ramirez for months. The homework load will dictate whether I can get out on Sunday or not.

So it does take a bit of the luster off for me, but it should still be a great series.
0 permalink
2/24/2011 12:40:00 PM

The game
The game
I don't think TCU has more offense than Fullerton. Fullerrton can run out 8 out of 9 Lefties so since Purke pitches Sunday, the Titans have a good chance Friday and Saturday.
0 permalink
2/24/2011 3:50:50 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
baseballnut wrote:
I don't think TCU has more offense than Fullerton. Fullerrton can run out 8 out of 9 Lefties so since Purke pitches Sunday, the Titans have a good chance Friday and Saturday.

Both teams have excellent pitchers on the weekend... I'm expecting a hard-fought, low-scoring series, which is exactly what media types like myself are rooting for!

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - TCU vs. Fullerton