Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks laying it to the Beavers tonite..

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/3/2011 8:19:22 PM

Natty Champs
Natty Champs
Gotta love rilvary games... South Carolina/Clemson rilvary always brings out the best in the other as well...
+1 permalink
5/3/2011 9:06:47 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Tonight was more of a case of the Beavers handing it over. The Beavers made numerous defensive mistakes that they rarely make. They just didn't seem into mentally. They didn't seem to be taking the Ducks seriously and lost.
-1 permalink
5/3/2011 9:45:22 PM

YellowlabOSU
YellowlabOSU
That was a very frustrating game because of all the fielding errors. Only 3 were recorded but it was more like 6, almost all resulting in runs. A sloppy game, but Oregon played very well and got the win.
0 permalink
5/4/2011 11:06:38 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
A 10-3 win-loss record versus the Ducks since Oregon reinstitued baseball is unacceptable. All I can say is, it better be 13-3 by season's end.
0 permalink
5/4/2011 11:49:36 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
My favorite was when parker kept talking about the no hitter jones was throwing after 3 and a half. The beavers promptly broke it up. Classic

That game was very good. I liked it when parker got quiet. I barely even knew when something good happened for the ducks. Meaning the whole game I was a little lost.

Maybe we finally figured them out.
0 permalink
5/4/2011 6:15:02 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Riverduck wrote:
My favorite was when parker kept talking about the no hitter jones was throwing after 3 and a half. The beavers promptly broke it up. Classic

That game was very good. I liked it when parker got quiet. I barely even knew when something good happened for the ducks. Meaning the whole game I was a little lost.

Doubtful. The Beavers won't fail to show up like that against the Oregon in the last series of the year. Last night they weren't into the game and just gave it away.
0 permalink
5/4/2011 6:16:33 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Dodger Matt wrote:
A 10-3 win-loss record versus the Ducks since Oregon reinstitued baseball is unacceptable. All I can say is, it better be 13-3 by season's end.

You bet they will wanna sweep them at the end of the year. They embarrassed themselves by not showing up and getting it handed to em. This will refocus them and when they meet in Eugene they will be looking to hammer them.
-1 permalink
5/4/2011 6:57:31 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I'm more worried about the Beavs taking Cal at home this weekend. I gues it depends on Cal's hot then cold playing and which shows up. But the Ducks at Oregon? Hey the quackers did win one conference series. Think they can make it 2 with OSU? I don't. I agree with DM. I see a sweep of Oregon at the end of the year.
0 permalink
5/4/2011 7:22:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
All I know, is that if our bats our on.. we are really hard to beat. The only reason the beavos have been winning is they put the nail in the coffin when it matters. Losing 10 1 run games with terrible hitting just tells you how much better we could have been if we got the timely hits that the beavos have gotten. I think this could be the downfall.. But you know wishful thinking. I think if the beavers lose the cal series, things could implode really fast. Then I would get to say.. OVER-RATED! But that happening will probably be slim to none. So don't get too upset. Firsts are starting to get slim these days, so the next first is winning a series at home, last game of the year. I will tell you last year, even though we lost the series to Cal.. I will never forget that game how we battled back, and Madison defined who he was that year.. tough as nails. Miss having a veteran catcher behind the plate, I think that has hurt us a little this year. Along with a solid set up guy..
-1 permalink
5/4/2011 7:24:58 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBeliever20 wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

Doubtful. The Beavers won't fail to show up like that against the Oregon in the last series of the year. Last night they weren't into the game and just gave it away.
Yeah, you guys sure did not look like a #3 ranked team nationally. only time will tell, but I remember your outfielders last year running into each other at PK park. I would laugh if that happened again.
-1 permalink
5/4/2011 10:41:09 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
River...I thought you stated you were disappearing (something about being a fair-weather fan...). The sucks take a single midweek game that means absolutely nothing and you come right back and decide to start running your mouth off?
+1 permalink
5/5/2011 7:16:28 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
No hard feelings. You guys are still #3 right? I think I mentioned something about looking forward to the Civil War match ups.
0 permalink
5/5/2011 6:41:02 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Never hard feelings riverbird. BTW, thanks for dropping out of DM's weekly picks. It was good for me. When you last picked, you and I were tied for last place. You didn't pick this last weekend, I ended up in 4th place (2nd place point-wise). If you keep NOT picking I may end up doing really good. (remember, you don't screw around with a streak, even if it is only one time)
0 permalink
5/5/2011 7:24:05 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Riverduck wrote:
I think this could be the downfall.. But you know wishful thinking. I think if the beavers lose the cal series, things could implode really fast. Then I would get to say.. OVER-RATED! But that happening will probably be slim to none. So don't get too upset. Firsts are starting to get slim these days, so the next first is winning a series at home, last game of the year.

Riverduck you're funny. And I don't mean that in a demeaning way. Contrary to FB, I hope you do jump back into the Pac-10 predictions. We need a Duck presence.
0 permalink
5/5/2011 11:31:24 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
ok, back by popular demand.
0 permalink
5/6/2011 4:27:09 PM

OregonStateChris
OregonStateChris
I don't put much stock in this loss to the Ducks. It just felt like the Ducks wanted that game worse. The Ducks played all their regular starters while the Beavers only played about half of theirs for the game. It looked to me like Pat Casey was resting some guys for the stretch run in the PAC-10 based on the lineup he started for that game. Almost kind of phoning it in hoping that the guys would spark it somehow. No Mike Miller, Carter Bell, Danny Hayes, etc. in the lineup meant we had a prettly light hitting team for that game. Stamps is typically a defensive replacement late in games and Keyes has been DH mostly as opposed to playing 3rd where he did not look entirely comfortable. On top of that the errors killed us. Otherwise that game probably would have been a one or two run affair. Hats off to the Duck pitcher though, because he threw well.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks laying it to the Beavers tonite..