Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » NC State

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/24/2011 3:43:09 AM

NCSTFAN
NCSTFAN
Any input into the team this year. They looked pretty dominate the first game against Elon last w/e. Then got schooled the second game and choked the third. They seem to have a pretty good nucleus of players from last year. After last years debacle in the regionals you have to wonder if they are up to the challenge.
0 permalink
2/24/2011 7:37:34 PM

MClements
MClements
If NC State gets some effective pitching and steady defense - their offense will be great.

However, in my experience the Wolfpack takes after their coach - bipolar and you never know what to expect on a given day, but always play with a chip on their shoulder and play with a lot of emotion (for better or worse).
0 permalink
2/24/2011 9:33:05 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
As Matt said, the big key for N.C. State is pitching. And strangely enough, the Wolfpack have the talent on the mound but have been unable to take care of business in that area over the past couple of years. Not a good start this season, but certainly a long way to go.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
2/26/2011 8:14:45 AM

Dogwood
Dogwood
I think the pitching will be better than last year...and MClements coach is not bipolar...maybe you are thinking of coach fox
-1 permalink
3/5/2011 6:17:54 PM

NCSTFAN
NCSTFAN
Thanks for the input. Mazzoni and Healy seem very solid as does Ogburn. I have heard Easley was promised the w/e starting role to come to NC State. That has back fired. Plus word is Avent is making all the pitching moves and Holliday is just calling the pitches. That has to be getting into Holliday's craw. The hitting is there it seems but is nothing close to clutch yet.
0 permalink
3/7/2011 2:27:53 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Dropping 2 out of 3 at home to Penn State?!??
0 permalink
3/7/2011 11:22:55 AM

NCSTFAN
NCSTFAN
Mazzoni struck out 13 plus there was another two k's and they couldn't get it done. They have some very good hitters so who knows what's going on. There is a disconnect here. Good pitching and hitting but not winning. This should be a great season. It won't get easier.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post