Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » USF Dons and the WCC

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/6/2011 11:43:30 PM

SFballfan
SFballfan
The USF Dons are on a tear! They won their 10th straight conference game tonight, a 1 run thriller (their last three victories have been by 1 run), at USD. With USF at 11-2 and Gonzaga at 9-3, it looks likely that the WCC conference crown will come down to the final series in which these two teams play each other.

Kendall, I looked at USF's schedule and it seems they have played a tough one. Does this team have the chance to be a sleeper in a regional? Who do you like between Gonzaga and USF for the WCC crown, what are their respective strengths/weaknesses?
0 permalink
5/7/2011 12:46:16 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
SFballfan wrote:
The USF Dons are on a tear! They won their 10th straight conference game tonight, a 1 run thriller (their last three victories have been by 1 run), at USD. With USF at 11-2 and Gonzaga at 9-3, it looks likely that the WCC conference crown will come down to the final series in which these two teams play each other.

Kendall, I looked at USF's schedule and it seems they have played a tough one. Does this team have the chance to be a sleeper in a regional? Who do you like between Gonzaga and USF for the WCC crown, what are their respective strengths/weaknesses?

SF,
Welcome to the site. The Dons actually are a great story this season with an 11-2 record so far in WCC play. Give credit to coach Nino Giarratano for getting those guys ready to roll after non-conference play. As for the Dons and Bulldogs, both teams are solid with the Bulldogs have a bit more star power with top prospect Ryan Carpenter and Cody Martin leading the way on the mound. I'd say the Dons have been more consistent in conference, but Gonzaga is probably slightly the better team when the two are playing well. That should be a GREAT series to end the regular season ... the series, by the way, will be played in Spokane, Wash.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » USF Dons and the WCC