Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Biggest gripe about ESPN college baseball coverage

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/10/2011 6:53:38 PM

jdh008
jdh008
I'll preface this post (like I did another about college baseball coverage) by saying that I'm thankful that ESPN increased their coverage a little bit. The SEC Thursday Night stuff has been great.

I just wish they'd cater their presentation to college baseball fans instead of casual sports fans that may stumble upon the game. The treat a lot of their games (for example the CU/Neb. game I'm watching now) like they would cricket. They feel the need to explain every little nuance every single time they broadcast a game.

I swear they show the Sports Science clip about the new bats and the accompanying stats vs. last season during every game. I've heard Kyle Peterson's spiel about how the game is more true now, but he fears they may have gone too far at least a dozen times already.

I guess I just feel that by appealing to the most ignorant of casual fans in the presentations, they are ultimately appealing to no one.
edited by jdh008 on 5/10/2011

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
5/10/2011 9:53:40 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
You know what it REALLY needs? Eric Byrnes. Yeah thats right. I said it. And I don't regret it either!
0 permalink
5/11/2011 10:51:28 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
A lil' oppo-taco?!?? Is he coming back for Regionals and Supers?!??
0 permalink
5/11/2011 1:22:39 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
God I hope so. It was so bad but you just couldn't look away. I can still hear him calling Alex Panteliodis "Johnny Pants"
0 permalink
5/11/2011 1:26:18 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Indeed...and I could almost hear Kyle Peterson shaking his head everytime he would say that.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Biggest gripe about ESPN college baseball coverage