Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - On LSU

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/17/2011 9:03:38 PM

CAM427R
CAM427R
I know you don't believe LSU is an NCAA postseason team, but I think they've got a fighting chance (coming from an LSU fan, I know).

Currently, they sit at 34-19 with an RPI of 24, which are probably the two best numbers LSU has going for them. They also have a win over Southern Miss and a series sweep of CSF. The bad is the 11-16 conference record.

But really, outside of that conference record, what are the negatives? They've swept a top flight team. Hold a lofty RPI rating. While being only 11-16 in conference, they're still technically speaking only two games back of a first place tie in the SEC West. They've also won 10 of their last 12 games and the tournament likes to take hot teams. I understand six of those victories were over SEC East doormats, but it shows there is life to this team. They also have a potential SEC player of the year in Mahtook and a young pitching staff that's got great stuff, but just inconsistent.

If they manage to take two of three from MSU this coming weekend they'll be sitting at 36-20, a top 25 RPI and 13-17 in conference. That would mean they would have missed the SEC tournament, but I still think that would make a compelling argument for an NCAA tournament birth.

I haven't mentioned LSU's fanbase and history yet because I think the committee doesn't really take it into much consideration (at least not as much as fans' think they do), but it is there nonetheless.

I might have gotten long-winded here but I'd love to hear more thoughts from you.
0 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - On LSU