Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks and the post season

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/17/2011 10:07:13 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
So, the Ducks just beat a good Gonzaga team in good fashion- 3 hit shut out. If we get another win.. we have 6 more games. What are the odds if we run the table, or lose one that we make it?
0 permalink
5/17/2011 10:29:43 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Ducks have to sweep a potential national seeded Oregon State to have a chance IMO.
0 permalink
5/17/2011 10:34:27 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I think the ducks could make a #4 seed if the stars align and they take care of business, but if they do, it will be more based on reputation from last year's surprising success. Each week for a few weeks we have been hearing comments from duck commentators about how "this weekend's series is a must-win," but when the series is lost, they seem to forget their pre-game comments.

Long story short... ducks need to go 5 of 6 in conference play, IMO, and it wouldn't hurt if some other fringe-teams decide to implode in the next two weeks. Improbable, but not impossible.
0 permalink
5/17/2011 11:16:28 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Riverduck, I hate to throw cold water on you, but...well it'll run off your back anyway, so here goes. Ducks are done. Been done for a couple weeks. Beating Stanford made Duck fans believe there was a chance again, but...better luck next year. Sweeping Wazzu and OSU would not even put the Ducks above .500 in conference play. Not that either sweep will happen. And all you're doing by defeating the Zags is lowering their chances. (But they'd only end up in the Corvallis regional, so death either way.)

Your role now is spoiler. Can't really spoil Wazzu's season. (Well, they still have a faint glimmer of hope, so yeah, I guess you could spoil theirs.) But the best Duck fans can hope for now is bragging rights in the Civil War series at PK Park. And knocking the Beavs out of national seed standing.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: Santa Claus died a few years back too. Sorry to break all of this to you at once. Are your dancing shoes polished?
0 permalink
5/17/2011 11:47:33 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
The Ducks are finished. They won't be seeing the postseason. Only way they even get in the conversation is if they run the table and we know that's just not gonna happen. I think WSU and OSU take 2 of three from them and I wouldn't be shocked if Gonzaga wins tomorrow afternoon. Maybe next year they will see the postseason but it's not happening this year.
0 permalink
5/18/2011 12:00:29 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
We need to take it one game at a time. If we lose once, it better be vs the Beavs. Only way getting in with one loss.
0 permalink
5/18/2011 9:52:49 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
You guys got in with a sub par performance your second Nat. win, and last year as well. So as long as we are really close to 500 in pac, I say we get in. We would be a dangerous 4 seed if we sweep the beavers. The staff is looking like each game is a playoff right now. Looks like we are pitching our #2 guy on 3 days rest today. Go Ducks!
http://www.dailyemerald.com/2011/05/17/oregon-baseballs-offense-still-simmering-in-win-over-gonzaga/
0 permalink
5/18/2011 12:51:37 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
We got in, though keep in mind we were one of the last (if not THE last) teams selected, and we had an INCREDIBLE ooc resume as well. But hey... it could still happen!
0 permalink
5/19/2011 2:30:05 AM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Riverduck wrote:
You guys got in with a sub par performance your second Nat. win, and last year as well. So as long as we are really close to 500 in pac, I say we get in. We would be a dangerous 4 seed if we sweep the beavers. The staff is looking like each game is a playoff right now. Looks like we are pitching our #2 guy on 3 days rest today. Go Ducks!
http://www.dailyemerald.com/2011/05/17/oregon-baseballs-offense-still-simmering-in-win-over-gonzaga/

Stop dreaming about sweeping the Beavers. There is no if, the Ducks aren't sweeping the Beavers period.
0 permalink
5/19/2011 2:30:07 AM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Riverduck wrote:

Stop dreaming about sweeping the Beavers. There is no if, the Ducks aren't sweeping the Beavers period.
0 permalink
5/19/2011 3:04:26 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
BB20,

Your too upset and you're repeating yourself. Have some Oregon help,Bong, eat everything in the house and relax......Riverduck will wake up and realize he was only having a dream.
edited by Florida Beaver on 5/19/2011
0 permalink
5/19/2011 4:05:21 AM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Florida Beaver wrote:
BB20,

Your too upset and you're repeating yourself. Have some Oregon help,Bong, eat everything in the house and relax......Riverduck will wake up and realize he was only have a dream.

Hahaha. It was weird that it doubled my posts since I had no trouble posting it. oh well. I'm sure the Beavers will end the dream in about 8 days.
0 permalink
5/19/2011 9:43:28 AM

Daweez04
Daweez04
With those wins Ducks are now 75 RPI, this should help the Beavs with their Seeding issues. Gonzaga ( Beavs beat twice) RPI only dropped a little, so overall gain (beavs now 16th RPI)
0 permalink
5/19/2011 2:05:25 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:

Riverduck, I think you need to win 5 of the next 6 Pac 10 games. I think you also have a game against UP next week. You would need to win that one and may have a chance.

I must say you are a good sport to take all of the abuse from us Beavers. Last year in the Rivals Forum, there were several Duck fans. It seems like they have disappeared with a subpar season.
0 permalink
5/19/2011 3:28:18 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah- I messed up my log in - I was formally known as "Thorgreen"
I will always post here. Pretty logical and knowledgeable in my opinion. Staying up with current trends even with a disappointing season still is fun. Heck, I might even go to a regional or super with my Ducks Hat to show support of our Oregon ties. I only live 45 minutes from Corvallis. I am a sane, normal fan who would never be a J.A in front of another.
0 permalink
5/19/2011 3:30:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
What you guys have done is beyond expectations and commendable. I think you guys have a really good shot at having a good run at the CWS.

Oh- and by the way my account has been hacked.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks and the post season