Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » LSU NCAA Tournament chances

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/21/2011 3:53:48 PM

lsuchamps11
lsuchamps11
Will LSU make the NCAA Tournament this year even though they did not make the SEC Tournament and what seed if they do make it would you give them a #2 or #3 seed.
0 permalink
5/21/2011 4:02:32 PM

bigron
bigron
No and #5
0 permalink
5/21/2011 8:48:31 PM

The Ghost of Dan Canevari
and why would u only list #2 and #3 seeds if you are wondering if they will even make it to a regional? why not include #4 in there as well?
0 permalink
5/21/2011 8:51:11 PM

PS - I called it on Kendall's old blog a few years ago when everyone in baton rouge and Kendall were blowing up Paul Maineri after that National Championship.... I told everyone that PM had a very minimal part in putting that team together (over 80% of top talent and starters was from prior regime) and that his true colors would show in about his 3rd season....
0 permalink
5/21/2011 9:14:04 PM

jkag89
jkag89
I think they'll get in as a #3 probably sent to Houston.
0 permalink
5/22/2011 1:36:19 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
PS - I called it on Kendall's old blog a few years ago when everyone in baton rouge and Kendall were blowing up Paul Maineri after that National Championship.... I told everyone that PM had a very minimal part in putting that team together (over 80% of top talent and starters was from prior regime) and that his true colors would show in about his 3rd season....

Maineiri won the National Chamionship in his 3rd year.
0 permalink
5/22/2011 3:50:19 PM

Hedegoba88 wrote:

My bad... wrote it wrong and wrong # of years... Rephrase: 2 years after Natl Championship, which would be the 1st year that all recruits from prior regime were completely gone (except any redshirts). You get the picture.

Like I stated earlier, National Championship team was lead by more then 80% prior regime players. As the years went on, more and more of team reflects Paul and staff. Now, it is all on Paul and his staff. Any signs of prior coaching staffs is completely gone. If he ends up winning another Natl Championship, then good job and good hire by LSU. If not, then maybe they jumped the gun. ???

UCF seems to be doing alright though... and we all know about the fallout that led to that situation occuring (hint: fallout did not occur at UCF)
0 permalink
5/23/2011 7:54:53 AM

E-Dub
E-Dub
Mainieri has had to work with freshman Friday and Saturday starters. Now, you can blame him for being in that position, but you have to admit that McCune and Gausman have been even better than could have been expected. If Zach Lee had made it to school it would heave been one of the better freshman pitching classes in recent memory. JaCoby Jones has significant ability that I think will be realized as soon as next year. I know Tiger fans are demanding, but is this sort of micro-fanaging typical?
0 permalink
5/23/2011 10:33:01 AM

Yea, but ive heard plenty of times people bashing certain recruiting coordinators for going after guys that get drafted... So I guess we have to stick to one scale here.
0 permalink
5/23/2011 2:44:56 PM

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
The Ghost of Dan Canevari wrote:
Hedegoba88 wrote:

My bad... wrote it wrong and wrong # of years... Rephrase: 2 years after Natl Championship, which would be the 1st year that all recruits from prior regime were completely gone (except any redshirts). You get the picture.

Like I stated earlier, National Championship team was lead by more then 80% prior regime players. As the years went on, more and more of team reflects Paul and staff. Now, it is all on Paul and his staff. Any signs of prior coaching staffs is completely gone. If he ends up winning another Natl Championship, then good job and good hire by LSU. If not, then maybe they jumped the gun. ???

UCF seems to be doing alright though... and we all know about the fallout that led to that situation occuring (hint: fallout did not occur at UCF)

No offense, but did you really type it wrong, or do you have something against PM? I can't believe a NC 3 years after he got there can still be blamed on the talent he inherited. What about last year's tear in the SECT? Sure a lot of teams don't give a darn about that tourney anymore, but LSU looked pretty darn sharp in every game. How many of those guys were inherited? I think LSU had some tough breaks with a few pitchers, but I certainly can't see how you hang PM for all of that.
0 permalink
5/23/2011 9:18:39 PM

would you like me to post the same recruit article from LSUsports.net that shows all the players that were already going to LSU months before they even knew PM existed?
0 permalink
5/23/2011 9:52:40 PM

ccox11
ccox11
That is crazy. Mainieri did not recruit Louis Coleman, Blake Dean, Ryan Schimpf, Sean Ochinko, or Jared Mitchell. He did, however, recruit Matt Clark, Anthony Ranaudo, Austin Ross, Matty Ott, Micah Gibbs, Leon Landry, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook, Austin Nola, Tyler Hanover, Kevin Gausman, Kurt McCune, and JaCoby Jones. If anything, the national championship was won because of Terry Rooney's recruiting, certainly not because of Smoke Laval's.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » LSU NCAA Tournament chances