Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - Regional Host (FL)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/22/2011 11:16:57 AM

The Ghost of Dan Canevari
The Ghost of Dan Canevari
I read your section on Miami RPI and hosting today... After a 2-2 week by the Hurricanes, where ultimately they lost the season series to FAU and dropped a game (Shutout) to a terrible duke team; who do you think has the best shot at hosting a 3rd regional in the state of FL (if any of the teams have a shot), UCF, Stetson, Miami, or FIU.

Take in to account each teams chance of winning their conference tournament; or performing the best in their respective conference tournament.

Also, could you see Stetson hosting as a #2 seed, over the rest of those teams, if needed?
0 permalink
5/22/2011 5:55:43 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Stetson is the only one that bid I believe other than Miami, but only way Stetson gets in as host at this point, is win the Conf Tournament and then hope for a slip from some teams that may be ahead of them resume-wise (TCU, Clemson, Southern Miss, etc.)

Stetson really blew it dropping the series to Belmont with their RPI already dropping after bad week last week, it was ill-timed for a slump to take place.
0 permalink
5/22/2011 8:42:54 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
The Ghost of Dan Canevari wrote:
I read your section on Miami RPI and hosting today... After a 2-2 week by the Hurricanes, where ultimately they lost the season series to FAU and dropped a game (Shutout) to a terrible duke team; who do you think has the best shot at hosting a 3rd regional in the state of FL (if any of the teams have a shot), UCF, Stetson, Miami, or FIU.

Take in to account each teams chance of winning their conference tournament; or performing the best in their respective conference tournament.

Also, could you see Stetson hosting as a #2 seed, over the rest of those teams, if needed?

Don't see Stetson hosting as a No. 2 seed. If it is going to host, it'll be as a No. 1 seed. Get the feeling conference tournaments are going to decide several important spots from a postseason standpoint this year.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - Regional Host (FL)