Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall, Surprises & Disappointments for 2011

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/24/2011 4:44:54 PM

lsuchamps11
lsuchamps11
Who were the teams that came out of nowhere and had good/great seasons and teams that were thought to be good that were bad/worse that expected. Opinions please
0 permalink
5/24/2011 5:30:53 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
lsuchamps11 wrote:
Who were the teams that came out of nowhere and had good/great seasons and teams that were thought to be good that were bad/worse that expected. Opinions please

Southern Mississippi and Georgia Tech probably fit that billing on the good side more than anyone. I think we all expected both clubs to be solid, but I certainly didn't think the Golden Eagles would be fighting for an NCAA Regional host this season, or that the Yellow Jackets would be fighting for a national seed.

On the negative end of the spectrum, I'm a little surprised at how iffy Stanford has been the entire season. I really viewed the Cardinal as a legitimate national title contender. It has underachieved this season.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/24/2011 5:54:12 PM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
Didn't help Stanford that they didn't have Mooneyham.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall, Surprises & Disappointments for 2011