Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Clemson host?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/25/2011 8:48:59 PM

SC Tiger
SC Tiger
How on earth does Clemson not host now over Southern Miss if that is who it comes down to? Add in the injury factor that Clemson had to overcome early in the year (losing both their #1 starter Kevin Brady and their best hitter in Brad Miller) and their record since both players have come back it would seem like a no-brainer unless they simply feel they can't give another spot to the ACC. If nothing else we should be a #1 seed somewhere if we have to travel.
0 permalink
5/25/2011 9:38:06 PM

EaglehasLanded
EaglehasLanded
I think you are picking on the wrong team by choosing Southern Miss. Go take a look at the numbers, Southern Miss deserves to host too. I would look at Cal St. Fullerton, TCU and Arkansas' numbers if I were you. Not sure what all you Clemson fans have against Southern Miss but I feel it's a bit misguided.
0 permalink
5/26/2011 7:16:06 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Eagle I think the reason why he may be targeting SMiss is because of the proximity of the site as opposed to Fullerton and TCU probably...but you are right, I think Clemson has a bit of a battle with Arkansas and not Southern Miss.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 10:45:04 AM

EaglehasLanded
EaglehasLanded
Well, us losing that 14 inning game last night may have opened us up to being pushed out of hosting now. I think if we beat ECU tonight (and they are throwing their ace, while our #2 and #3 pitchers were declared academically ineligible) then we should host, but if we lose then we are definitely on the bubble and it will depend on what happens with Clemson, Ark., Oklahom, TCU and Miami.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 11:00:53 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Well even though SMiss lost, it's not like them teams behind them are helping their cases much. New Mexico is 3 outs away from stealing an at-large bid and beating TCU for Mountain West Championship. Arkansas has gone 2-1 in SEC Tournament but if they beat Vandy at least once then you can say they've done all they could really, Oklahoma is playing as we speak, and Clemson is 1-1 and faces NC State in what could be their last game (depending on outcome of FSU/GT game). Miami had an outside shot tonight, but not being able to score with bases loaded and one out, or runners on 2nd and 3rd with no one out, killed them tonight vs. UVa.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Clemson host?