Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ANALYSIS: Friday's who helped/hurt cases

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/28/2011 1:38:13 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
here's our daily feature for Friday ....

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5728

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/28/2011 1:47:41 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Kendall, Hawaii is not eliminated...they play La Tech tomorrow and the winner takes on Fresno in the championship game.

http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=45966&SPID=4123&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205150616&DB_OEM_ID=10100

Does Oregon State have to worry about losing a host spot if they can't get it together?
edited by OpihiMan on 5/28/2011
0 permalink
5/28/2011 1:00:48 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
From everything that I heard, no. But if they get swept in impressive fashion, who knows.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 1:06:19 PM

weg313
weg313
K, you continue to argue that A&M has the slightly better overall resume than Rice, and would consequently earn the final national seed spot if both win tomorrow, and if the Committee decides to give the state of Texas a second national seed. I continue to scratch my head on this logic. First off, I cannot see the Selection Committee doling out a second national seed to a Big 12 team instead of giving the regular season and tourney champ of the #5 ranked conference a national seed; especially since the two resumes are so similar.

Yes, the Aggies have the better record against Top 50/100 teams (with Rice having the better record against the top 25), but that is only because Kansas State is just barely inside the Top 50 and UH is just barely outside the Top 50. KSU and UH are essentially the exact same team. (Note-- KSU's W-L record is padded by scheduliing a whopping 13 games against sub-RPI 200 ranked teams, against whom they are 13-0.) Second, we have virtually the same RPI, SoS, conference record/standings and OOC record (save for the recognition that the Aggies are 7-0 against teams ranked below RPI 200; whereas Rice has yet to play a single game against a sub-RPI 200 opponent. However, Rice blows the Aggies away in road record (13-5 vs. 10-8) and road/neutral site record (18-9 vs.13-10)...and then there's our 2-0 record in head-to-head. So, I ask again, should both the Aggies and Owls win tomorrow night, and one of the two get a national seed, I just cannot see any way they give it to the Aggies (and a second Big 12 team) over the Owls; especially since their resumes are so similar and Rice has a 2-0 edge in head-to-head.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ANALYSIS: Friday's who helped/hurt cases