Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.

Do the Ducks make it?

yes:2
no:6
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/29/2011 5:06:02 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well- I want to thank everyone on this board/Kendall, for making an enjoyable year following my team. I know the OSU contingency has put up with my tirades all year, but feel justified in watching my team play the best ball. They are in tune and playing like they did last year. I almost like them better, just so much promise. Too bad we will be sitting out for the remainder.. All I can hope for is the Beavs to run it and take the CWS. Anyway, with all the regionals going on in the west coast.. call me crazy, but we could compete in a regional. Just too bad it took us till the end to show it. Our pitching staff has just shown what they can do. We could be dangerous in the post season if we get the chance.
Later
RD
0 permalink
5/29/2011 5:18:09 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
My heart wants to say yes. But my head says no. I'd love to see these little duckies get in and somehow get into a regional with OSU. Nothing is going to surprise me though. The flood gates have been opened.
0 permalink
5/29/2011 7:24:29 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Beavers are already in the CWS! Check this out!
0 permalink
5/29/2011 7:35:35 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
I think Oregon barely misses the field. I don't think they could win a regional but they would be a tough out. They're executing well and playing the game the right way. Maybe next year they'll figure it out before the end of May! Hopefully next year Oregon will be good and how awesome would it be if Oregon and Oregon State played next year for a berth in Omaha? I hope to see that happen someday, it would be fun.
0 permalink
5/29/2011 7:39:22 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
With the Bubble busters from conference tourneys I think they miss...but who knows. If UCLA can get a host with an RPI around 35 anything is possible. 7 PAC-10 teams would be epic!
0 permalink
5/29/2011 7:48:12 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Congrats RD,

You're a true sportsman. Yeah, you put up with the ribbing, but in the end, all we saw was DA. Maybe next year, eh?
0 permalink
5/29/2011 8:11:28 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck, you seem like to nice a guy to be a Duck Just kidding. While I could never, ever, under any curcumstances root for the Ducks, I think they may just sneak into the field of 64. I think Horton might have some pull. If they do get in, I think they have as good a chance as any team to make it to Omaha.

I've enjoyed your comments and banter in the PG forum this year. I hope you continue to post, even if your Ducks don't get a bid tomorrow. You can root for the Pac 10 teams.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 12:37:08 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
Riverduck, you seem like to nice a guy to be a Duck Just kidding. While I could never, ever, under any curcumstances root for the Ducks, I think they may just sneak into the field of 64. I think Horton might have some pull. If they do get in, I think they have as good a chance as any team to make it to Omaha.

I've enjoyed your comments and banter in the PG forum this year. I hope you continue to post, even if your Ducks don't get a bid tomorrow. You can root for the Pac 10 teams.

To even see that our team got to the last few in Kendall's prediction, makes me happy. I know we did not get in.. he has inside info. lol
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5750
0 permalink
5/30/2011 1:22:06 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

To even see that our team got to the last few in Kendall's prediction, makes me happy. I know we did not get in.. he has inside info. lol
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5750

RD, sorry to see your Ducks didn't make it in. Horton should have shaved his mustache earlier in the season.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 4:39:00 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah- thanks.. I guess the extra time I not posting here will benefit my family.. lol

This was a year of the sophmore blues from our success. I think whatever happened the last week or two, the team can use this to their advantage next year. Auto bids are great, but truly do not define the best teams in the country. There should be playoffs to get into the tourney. Could you imagine what would happen to the teams that got in, but in turn had to beat these teams?
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One of the most surprising teams to get an at-large berth was St. John's (35-20), which finished second to Connecticut in the regular season and lost to Seton Hall in the Big East tournament championship game. The Red Storm, which had one win over teams in the RPI top 50, made it in over teams such as LSU (36-20), which was hurt by finishing tied for ninth in the SEC and not making the conference tournament, Elon (36-21), Oregon (33-26-1), Hawaii (34-25), Stony Brook (42-12) and Michigan State (36-21).[/font]
edited by Riverduck on 5/30/2011
0 permalink
5/30/2011 4:45:23 PM

greenie55
greenie55
For the life of me, I just can't see St. Johns having the season long resume to get in the tournament.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post