Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG 64: Final NCAA postseason projections (5/30)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/30/2011 12:28:41 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here you have it .... can't wait for the release of the Field of 64 in the morning.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5750

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/30/2011 12:42:57 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Kendall with all due respect...Gosh I hope you're wrong in FSU not getting a National Seed. But I see how you can see the field shaking out like that. I would think FSU's RPI Top 25 record, Overall RPI standing, not to mention they have 8 victories over the RPI TOP 10 while A&M and Tex have combined for just 11 wins over the RPI Top 25. Texas with 6, A&M with 5.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 1:38:11 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
NolesFanJosh wrote:
Kendall with all due respect...Gosh I hope you're wrong in FSU not getting a National Seed. But I see how you can see the field shaking out like that. I would think FSU's RPI Top 25 record, Overall RPI standing, not to mention they have 8 victories over the RPI TOP 10 while A&M and Tex have combined for just 11 wins over the RPI Top 25. Texas with 6, A&M with 5.

I agree and I personally would rather see 2 Florida Supers and 2 Texas Supers than 1 and 3
edited by OpihiMan on 5/30/2011
0 permalink
5/30/2011 1:49:28 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
My unimportant analysis according to these projections:

Regional's I would fear:
UCLA
Fullerton
South Carolina
Virginia
Vanderbilt

Cakewalks:
Georgia Tech
Florida
Rice
Texas A&M
North Carolina

I see 3 very possible upsets: Stanford, Fresno State, Southern Miss

My dark horse: LSU

And I guess whoever wins the UCLA regional is an upset
0 permalink
5/30/2011 6:17:27 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
I think the only way FSU doesn't get a national seed is if they give one to Arizona State so that the all the west coast schools don't have to travel for Supers. Outside of that, I also think they stick with "rivalries" in the pairings....Clemson with South Carolina and Florida State with Florida.

Finally, I think UNC and UVA will both get west coast visitors in the form of Oregon State and UCLA. Knowing the twisted sense of humor (and TV sensibility) of the committee, I'm penciling Oregon State in for a visit to Chapel Hill should both teams advance.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 6:29:11 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
H2O if you're giving a NS to FSU, surely the only way they'd meet Fla is at Omaha...who do you see paired with them instead of FLA?
0 permalink
5/30/2011 7:10:17 AM

weg313
weg313
OpihiMan wrote:

Regional's I would fear:
UCLA
Fullerton
South Carolina
Virginia
Vanderbilt

Cakewalks:
Georgia Tech
Florida
Rice
Texas A&M
North Carolina

USM? You do realize they just lost two of their top 4 pitchers (academically inelligible) and two of their top four hitters (Keollig and Doleac to injury). Aside from their struggles down the stretch, they are now seriously depleted-- both offensively and on the mound.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 8:00:52 AM

bsbjunkie
bsbjunkie
Kendall, I don't get your reasoning in taking Dallas Baptist out and putting in Cal State Bakersfield. DBU has a better RPI, better record vs Top 25 and Top 100, and better road record. All I can say is I can't wait until DBU goes to the MVC, maybe then they can get some respect and a chance for an automatic bid. Can't wait to see the final selections!
0 permalink
5/30/2011 8:45:47 AM

It's The Talons
It's The Talons
weg313 wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:

Regional's I would fear:
UCLA
Fullerton
South Carolina
Virginia
Vanderbilt

Cakewalks:
Georgia Tech
Florida
Rice
Texas A&M
North Carolina

USM? You do realize they just lost two of their top 4 pitchers (academically inelligible) and two of their top four hitters (Keollig and Doleac to injury). Aside from their struggles down the stretch, they are now seriously depleted-- both offensively and on the mound.

There is a good chance Doleac and Koelling will play in the Regionals. Also, Thomas' appeal decision should be known tomorrow.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 8:46:55 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
NolesFanJosh wrote:
H2O if you're giving a NS to FSU, surely the only way they'd meet Fla is at Omaha...who do you see paired with them instead of FLA?

I'm not...unfortunately. I think they "should" get one, but won't. I'm just saying that I don't think both of FSU and ASU won't get them. FSU's will come at the expense of putting one at ASU.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 9:57:09 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I don't understand the thinking behind having Arkansas a traveling #1. If you're barely better than the 2s and you have a subpar venue, I guess. But Arkansas puts thousands of fans in the seats, plus they have freakin' cheerleaders at their games dancing in between every inning on the dugout roof.

Oh well.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG 64: Final NCAA postseason projections (5/30)