Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Easiest Road Ever...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/30/2011 10:48:45 AM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
FSU. Wow just wow. Committee still wants Martin to get that championship.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 10:58:33 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Posts: 127
I would disagree albeit only slightly. I would say that Vandy has a pretty sweet road themselves.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 11:43:45 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2080
On the flip side, the committee did no favors to the overall #1 Virginia by pairing them with the UCLA regional (which qualifies as this year's ROD, IMO...UCLA, Fresno, and UCI could all win that.) I understand UCLA probably snuck in as the last 1 seed, but if they win their regional, you have to say facing Cole, Bauer, and Plutko in a best-of three series is not a cakewalk to Omaha.
-1 permalink
5/30/2011 11:48:49 AM

jdh008
jdh008
Posts: 55
Both FSU and Vandy got pretty easy roads and I felt Texas did too. Texas State might be the weakest 2 in the field. Last time they were a 2 at Austin, they went 0-2 in quick fashion and I think that team was better than this one.

I feel like there are several teams with pretty easy roads and that's a theme of this tournament in my opinion. There aren't a lot of really strong 2s and 3s.

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
5/30/2011 11:55:13 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Posts: 127
I think the theme of this year's tournament and the selection process was that the RPI was not 'THE' deciding factor that it has been in previous years.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 12:35:29 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2113
Beavs have an easy road as well for their regional. Georgia is barely over 500 and creighton's biggest win was like byu and witicha
0 permalink
5/30/2011 1:01:40 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
I am still shocked that FSU got that easy of a draw. Not just regionals but Supers as well without Stilson. UNC did get a easy regional but Supers could be tough with Fullerton.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 1:11:30 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Posts: 127
Someone had to get A&M in their draw, just happened to be FSU. Yet they still managed to win the Big XII tournament without Stilson, and they've got a great ballclub so it could potentially be a great matchup. I think everyone would agree though that Virginia has been massively nailed again potentially drawing UCLA in the Super Regionals. But I also think that Arizona State v. Texas could be a great matchup in Supers. And if TCU can get healthy, should make a possible matchup with Rice that much better.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 1:25:43 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
Yeah Virginia got screwed. It always makes me wonder when the #1 overall seed gets screwed. In 2008 when Miami was the #1 overall seed they got Ole Miss and Missouri in their regional. Missouri had Kyle Gibson and Aaron Crow and Ole Miss had Lance Lynn, Bittle, and Satterwhite was a freshman I believe. I have a buddy who played for Ole Miss at that time and still can't believe Miami had that draw. Then Miami got Arizona in Supers with the greatest bullpen ever! Ha!

I think Arizona could come out of the Texas AM regional.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 1:28:24 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Posts: 127
I still remember FSU drawing Texas and that phenominal staff anchored by Street...ugh.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 2:25:59 PM

cmk4pres
cmk4pres
Posts: 51
Oh 2002 was a great year....

--
The University of Texas @ Omaha
0 permalink
5/30/2011 2:46:35 PM

The Ghost of Dan Canevari
The Ghost of Dan Canevari
Posts: 29
shoelessT wrote:
I am still shocked that FSU got that easy of a draw. Not just regionals but Supers as well without Stilson. UNC did get a easy regional but Supers could be tough with Fullerton.



NOT SO FAST, my friend!!!!
0 permalink
5/30/2011 4:48:19 PM

Tommy Salami
Tommy Salami
Posts: 35
UNC got the easiest road to Omaha. Their regional is a joke and they are paired with Fullerton who has not really been that impressive this year going a measly 6-8 vs the top 50. UNC has the easiest road hands down.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 4:52:18 PM

greenie55
greenie55
Posts: 7
Virginia and UCLA would be an amazing SR. In a year in which they did everything right, Virginia still has a tough road to get to Omaha.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 5:14:08 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Posts: 127
cmk4pres wrote:
Oh 2002 was a great year....


Somehow, I knew you'd remember too cmk.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 5:35:31 PM

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Posts: 22
Tommy Salami wrote:
UNC got the easiest road to Omaha. Their regional is a joke and they are paired with Fullerton who has not really been that impressive this year going a measly 6-8 vs the top 50. UNC has the easiest road hands down.

THIS!!!! Not to mention them getting the 3 seed over both Vandy and SC who have both been ranked in the top 5 nearly all season and both had stints at #1.
With their associate AD on the selection committee this seriously looks shady.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 5:42:50 PM

Tommy Salami
Tommy Salami
Posts: 35
Yardcock96 wrote:
Tommy Salami wrote:
UNC got the easiest road to Omaha. Their regional is a joke and they are paired with Fullerton who has not really been that impressive this year going a measly 6-8 vs the top 50. UNC has the easiest road hands down.

THIS!!!! Not to mention them getting the 3 seed over both Vandy and SC who have both been ranked in the top 5 nearly all season and both had stints at #1.
With their associate AD on the selection committee this seriously looks shady.



I agree completely. How the hell do you lose 4 series with one of those being to Wake Forest and get the number 3 seed? SC only lost 1 series all year and Vandy lost 2 to SC and UF who are top 4 teams. That seeding makes absolutly no sense. The committe did everything possible to hand UNC an appearance in Omaha its absolutly ridiculous.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 5:51:11 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Posts: 127
Can I just say that the ONLY REAL difference in what numerical National Seed you are is which side of the Bracket you'll be placed in at CWS. Unfortunate that Baseball still doesn't seed Nationally 1-16, because then we wouldn't have things like this possibly thrown out there.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 6:09:44 PM

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Posts: 22
Tommy Salami wrote:
Yardcock96 wrote:
Tommy Salami wrote:
UNC got the easiest road to Omaha. Their regional is a joke and they are paired with Fullerton who has not really been that impressive this year going a measly 6-8 vs the top 50. UNC has the easiest road hands down.

THIS!!!! Not to mention them getting the 3 seed over both Vandy and SC who have both been ranked in the top 5 nearly all season and both had stints at #1.
With their associate AD on the selection committee this seriously looks shady.



I agree completely. How the hell do you lose 4 series with one of those being to Wake Forest and get the number 3 seed? SC only lost 1 series all year and Vandy lost 2 to SC and UF who are top 4 teams. That seeding makes absolutly no sense. The committe did everything possible to hand UNC an appearance in Omaha its absolutly ridiculous.
Did UNC even finished 3rd in their conference?
edited by Yardcock96 on 5/30/2011
0 permalink
5/30/2011 6:57:21 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Posts: 127
Conference record-wise yes, but we're seeded 4th in Conf Tournament because the Division winners get Top 2 seeds regardless of record.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Easiest Road Ever...





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software