Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Great start tonight PJ!

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/4/2011 7:31:36 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
8.0 IP 3 H 1BB 11K's for the Diamond Heels! Wished I could have been there to see it, but Daddy duty called. I will be there tomorrow!
0 permalink
6/6/2011 3:58:28 AM

unc70
unc70
It looks even better when compared with the rematch on Sunday. The Heels did a good job today containing the team leading the nation in scoring. But somehow, limiting them to 3 runs felt like a poor performance, with 3 runs on 7 hits in the first 5 innings seeming like the Heels were in terrible shape. A lot of that was because the two prior regional games had been shutouts, helped along by just how spoiled the Diamond Heels have made us this season.

The initial run scored by JMU on Sunday was the first against the Heels in over 20 innings. The first two regional games UNC had allowed no runs, no errors, on 4 and 8 hits respectively. UNC allowed only 4 total walks in the three regional games, committed only three errors, all in Sunday's second game against JMU. And the UNC bullpen allowed no runs on 4 hits in seven innings of relief during the three regional games this weekend.

Neither Johnson, his teammates, nor the UNC team as a whole have received the attention and accolades of previous UNC teams or of several other current ACC teams. Glad they took care of business in the regional and justified having the #3 national seed; now just win out in the SR and complete the task.

Congrats to the Tar Heel players and coaches, and condolences to Coach Fox on the death of his mother. She was still attending UNC baseball games until 6-8 weeks ago.
0 permalink
6/10/2011 7:36:36 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Thanks for a spectacular last month PJ! 13-1 for the year against number ones all season long! Thanks for a great senior season. It was bittersweet seeing him walk off the mound for the last time at the Bosh!

Since May 6th all this kid has done is have 14 inning scoreless streak and tonight Stanford broke a 30 inning scoreless streak. In his last 44.1, he given up 3 runs, 53 K's, 23 Hits, and 10 BB's. He had a no hitter going in the sixth against Wake, but rain ended that one at 2 AM.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 6:42:06 PM

Bamzooo
Bamzooo
Is the rain ever gonna let up? I keep wanting to say "Heels2Omaha" but I dont want to jump the gun...
0 permalink
6/11/2011 7:22:03 PM

unc70
unc70
Probably resume the game around 10:15 or so, following the Texas-ASU game.

Edit: Apparently sooner than we had expected.
edited by unc70 on 6/11/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Great start tonight PJ!