Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Georgia Tech

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/5/2011 8:59:16 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Remind me never to take Georgia Tech seriously again. GTech fans come on here earlier in the season talking about how Georgia sucks (and I am definitely not a Bulldog fan, actually can't stand them), and GTech is this and that...well once again, Georgia Tech does absolutely nothing.
0 permalink
6/5/2011 9:12:29 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Danny Hall.

Every year.
0 permalink
6/5/2011 9:14:32 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I agree that GT is more talk than bite (or sting?), but it is premature to trash their fans' comparison to UGA when UGA's fate in their Regional has not yet been sealed, making that comparison not yet judgeable.
0 permalink
6/5/2011 9:51:21 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
SouthernBeaver wrote:
I agree that GT is more talk than bite (or sting?), but it is premature to trash their fans' comparison to UGA when UGA's fate in their Regional has not yet been sealed, making that comparison not yet judgeable.

Oh yeah I actually wasn't really comparing what UGa does tonight. I meant just in general. Good call.
0 permalink
6/5/2011 10:28:41 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
UGA is out now. Pity though... Although I am a Beaver first and a Tiger(/War Eagle) second, I will always hold a soft spot for UGA. I was dissappointed they had to play us so only one could advance.
0 permalink
6/5/2011 10:51:25 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
SouthernBeaver wrote:
UGA is out now. Pity though... Although I am a Beaver first and a Tiger(/War Eagle) second, I will always hold a soft spot for UGA. I was [disappointed] they had to play us so only one could advance.

SB, this requires explanation for those Pac-10/OSU fans who don't know WTF you are talking about.

"a Tiger(/War Eagle)"? How do the Georgia (Bulldogs, not Tigers or War Eagles) fit into that equation? Honestly, I don't even know what a War Eagle is....
0 permalink
6/5/2011 10:51:53 PM

jdh008
jdh008
I am certainly not disagreeing with anyone who puts the perpetual postseason disappointment on Danny Hall. I mean, he is the only constant in all of this. My question would just be what is Hall doing or not doing that is making this an annual thing for the Jackets?

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
6/6/2011 12:09:15 AM

MClements
MClements
Do you mean making the least with the most?

Or, getting tight and stressing out (and passing that on)?

Not sure which one is worse, but Tech had an amazing recruiting class, but they lost a lot of position players from the year before.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 5:10:48 AM

shoelessT
shoelessT
MClements wrote:
Do you mean making the least with the most?

Or, getting tight and stressing out (and passing that on)?

Not sure which one is worse, but Tech had an amazing recruiting class, but they lost a lot of position players from the year before.

Very true. Last years team was stacked and lost almost everyone. Still not sure how last years team managed to choke. This years team I wouldn't have expected to make a run had a few posters not "brought to my attention" that Georgia Tech was light years ahead of Georgia in baseball...
0 permalink
6/6/2011 5:48:52 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Danny Hall could coach the 1961 Yankees to a Super Regional home loss to Middle Tennessee State.

The sad thing is that this isn't much of an exaggeration. He's that horribly awful in the postseason and it gets worse and worse and worse.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 6:21:27 AM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
Danny Hall sucks, plain and simple. One of the absolute worst post season managers of all time, and its not even debatable.

Our fate was sealed on the first night when Mark Pope strained his oblique and was out for the rest of the tourney. We brought in Freshmen Matt Grimes who pitched GREAT.

But heres the real coaching blunder.. he didnt start Daniel Palka at DH because of a "lefty lefty" matchup. LOL he's one of our best hitters. The rest of the tournament he had 3 HR's and 7-8 RBI. IDIOT.

Then we had to dig ourselves out of the hole, which we did, but when it was time for MSU.. Hall pulls another turd out of his pocket.

He Started Freshman Deandre Smelter. Who hasnt started a single game this year, has been changing his arm slot, and has only made 3-5 appearences on the season total. WTF? He gets tatooed for a 6 spot. Then hall brings in our 2nd midweek starter who SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FROM THE BEGGINNING. He only gave up 1 run the rest of the game basically.

Im over it. Its time for you to hang em up all. fml.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 8:00:34 AM

rcw1126
rcw1126
GTbaseball wrote:
Danny Hall sucks, plain and simple. One of the absolute worst post season managers of all time, and its not even debatable.

Our fate was sealed on the first night when Mark Pope strained his oblique and was out for the rest of the tourney. We brought in Freshmen Matt Grimes who pitched GREAT.

But heres the real coaching blunder.. he didnt start Daniel Palka at DH because of a "lefty lefty" matchup. LOL he's one of our best hitters. The rest of the tournament he had 3 HR's and 7-8 RBI. IDIOT.

Then we had to dig ourselves out of the hole, which we did, but when it was time for MSU.. Hall pulls another turd out of his pocket.

He Started Freshman Deandre Smelter. Who hasnt started a single game this year, has been changing his arm slot, and has only made 3-5 appearences on the season total. WTF? He gets tatooed for a 6 spot. Then hall brings in our 2nd midweek starter who SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FROM THE BEGGINNING. He only gave up 1 run the rest of the game basically.

Say what?!!!!

5/23/11, GTbaseball
:
"LOL quit being a homer.
Danny hall did a better job. 6 freshmen starters.. lost 10 players to the MLB from last years team. Still Co-ACC champs and National seed.
Thanks for playing though."

What a difference two weeks can make.
edited by rcw1126 on 6/6/2011
0 permalink
6/6/2011 9:00:36 AM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
rcw1126 wrote:
GTbaseball wrote:

Say what?!!!!

5/23/11, GTbaseball
:
"LOL quit being a homer.
Danny hall did a better job. 6 freshmen starters.. lost 10 players to the MLB from last years team. Still Co-ACC champs and National seed.

Kid, just sit down. Ill still stand by my comments. Name a team that lost 10 players to the draft, played 17 freshmen, including starting 5-6 in the everyday lineup.. and still host? We probably overachieved.. credit Danny Hall there.. but he still blows in the postseason.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 9:27:05 AM

rcw1126
rcw1126
GTbaseball wrote:
rcw1126 wrote:
GTbaseball wrote:

Say what?!!!!

5/23/11, GTbaseball
:
"LOL quit being a homer.

Kid, just sit down. Ill still stand by my comments. Name a team that lost 10 players to the draft, played 17 freshmen, including starting 5-6 in the everyday lineup.. and still host? We probably overachieved.. credit Danny Hall there.. but he still blows in the postseason.

I'm no "kid;" not by a long shot. Is patronization the only way you know how to deal with something?

I follow the game extremely closely, have for a long time, and I recognize gross inconsistencies in the position of fans when I see them.

It's an old story: They're only as good as their last outing.

Think about it during the off-season.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 9:27:30 AM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Dodger Matt wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:
UGA is out now. Pity though... Although I am a Beaver first and a Tiger(/War Eagle) second, I will always hold a soft spot for UGA. I was [disappointed] they had to play us so only one could advance.

SB, this requires explanation for those Pac-10/OSU fans who don't know WTF you are talking about.

"a Tiger(/War Eagle)"? How do the Georgia (Bulldogs, not Tigers or War Eagles) fit into that equation? Honestly, I don't even know what a War Eagle is....

lol.... Auburn Tigers, who have a tradition with the War Eagle. UGA fits in the equation in that I lived closer to Athens than Auburn, and when I went to their opener vs OSU in 07, they had some of the best fans in all of baseball. Very classy.
0 permalink
6/7/2011 7:39:13 AM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
rcw1126 wrote:
GTbaseball wrote:
rcw1126 wrote:
GTbaseball wrote:

Say what?!!!!

5/23/11, GTbaseball
:
"LOL quit being a homer.

I'm no "kid;" not by a long shot. Is patronization the only way you know how to deal with something?

I follow the game extremely closely, have for a long time, and I recognize gross inconsistencies in the position of fans when I see them.

It's an old story: They're only as good as their last outing.

Think about it during the off-season.

Once again, sit down. Your point is moot.

Isnt coach of the year awarded for regular season play? We werent even supposed to host this year let alone struggle to make a #2 seed.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Georgia Tech