Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » super regional host

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/6/2011 9:12:55 AM

borgguy
borgguy
im hoping someone can help put a rumor to bed for me (hopefully kendall can shed some light on the matter)

there is a rumor floating around corvallis that with the CMAs in nashville this weekend that the OSU/vandy super regional might be moved to corvallis. is there any basis in truth for that? or is that something that the NCAA would have already taken into account when it gave vandy the natl seed and therefore homefield throughout the supers?

while admittedly it would be nice to have the super at home, imo it isnt fair to vanderbilt as they recieved the national seed and SHOULD be able to play at thier park. any clue?

EDIT

just looked on ncaa.com they state that the site will be announced today.
edited by borgguy on 6/6/2011

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/6/2011 1:20:24 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
If there ends up being truth to this rumor, that's really going to suck for Vandy. Sending a team that earned a National Seed not only on the road, but across the country? C'mon Man(Keyshawn Johnson voice).
0 permalink
6/6/2011 1:59:26 PM

borgguy
borgguy
was just checking around and according to aaron fitt over at BA he got a call from vandys dir of communications who said "there is not snowballs chance on the equator of the SR being moved" still no word one way or the other from the NCAA sounds like its not going to be untill 9pm eastern (per beaver baseball twitter) till we hear anything.
personally i think that if they DO move it, the fairest opton would be to move it to another city in tennesse.

(that said i would not be all THAT upset if they did move it to corvallis, but i would certainly understand vandy being livid)

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/6/2011 3:03:13 PM

jdh008
jdh008
Count me as one that doesn't understand why the CMAs being in Nashville would affect the Super Regional behind held at Vanderbilt. It would be one thing if we were talking about the Titans in a the playoffs something of that magnitude, but not a college baseball Super Regional. What is the perceived problem with having both events in Nashville next weekend?

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
6/6/2011 3:38:54 PM

Daweez04
Daweez04
NCAA usually requires X amount of hotel rooms be available, and the teams have to be withing X amount of time from the stadium. If all the hotels are taken up because of the CMAs it could be in violation of that. They don't expect a team to sit on a bus for an hour trying to get to the field.

I don't see it happening, though, as a Beaver fan I wouldn't be heart broken.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 4:14:51 PM

jdh008
jdh008
Daweez04 wrote:
NCAA usually requires X amount of hotel rooms be available, and the teams have to be withing X amount of time from the stadium. If all the hotels are taken up because of the CMAs it could be in violation of that. They don't expect a team to sit on a bus for an hour trying to get to the field.

I don't see it happening, though, as a Beaver fan I wouldn't be heart broken.

That's right. I remember that now. Thanks.

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
6/6/2011 4:32:55 PM

borgguy
borgguy
although something else to take into account, OSU has its graduation on saturday so there might not be any hotel rooms here either, this could prove interesting....

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/6/2011 10:48:18 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
I think OSU will like their accommodations at the Peabody before it's all over

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » super regional host