Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ***MLB DRAFT THREAD***

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/6/2011 5:24:41 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Post your thoughts here...

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
6/6/2011 7:31:56 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Here is a link to players drafted
http://espn.go.com/mlb/draft/live
0 permalink
6/6/2011 7:34:02 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I see that Sony Gray was drafted 18th. What should the Beavers expect to see in the SR over the weekend from Gray? They have already faced Cole, Bauer, and Tyler Andersen. How does his stuff compare?
edited by BeaverBob on 6/6/2011
0 permalink
6/6/2011 7:42:56 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
BeaverBob wrote:
Kendall, I see that Sony Gray was drafted 18th. What should the Beavers expect to see in the SR over the weekend from Gray? They have already faced Cole, Bauer, and Tyler Andersen. How does his stuff compare?

Well Sonny Gray is a fighter. Probably doesn't have the "stuff" that those other three do but you know what he does have? Offense behind him. I love Sonny. Probably my favorite pitcher in college this year to watch. Should be a good matchup with the Beavers! I will be for the Beavers this weekend but I don't think they will beat Vandy. Good luck!
0 permalink
6/6/2011 7:48:04 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
shoelessT wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Well Sonny Gray is a fighter. Probably doesn't have the "stuff" that those other three do but you know what he does have? Offense behind him. I love Sonny. Probably my favorite pitcher in college this year to watch. Should be a good matchup with the Beavers! I will be for the Beavers this weekend but I don't think they will beat Vandy. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Should be an interesting series.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 7:53:54 PM

Wahoo2012
Wahoo2012
would have liked to see Hultzen go to NL team with his hitting
0 permalink
6/6/2011 7:55:05 PM

Wahoo2012
Wahoo2012
What are your guys' thoughts on cole to the pirates. Growing up in Pittsburgh i realized a long time ago that franchise doesnt care about winning....1. He'll be a stud and theyll trade him...2. He is a bust
0 permalink
6/6/2011 8:09:52 PM

ACC Fan
ACC Fan
Kendall, are you suprised at all by the final pick of the first round? Kevin Matthews?

Also, though it was interesting to hear Gammons say that he would be tough to sign away from Coach O'Conner.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 8:15:28 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
BeaverBob wrote:

Sonny will run his fastball in mid 90's with a pretty nasty slider. Not sure about his 3rd pitch, which is a changeup I believe but I am not sure how good it is. Like I said earlier, he is a fighter and will come at you. A work horse.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 8:23:23 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
shoelessT wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Sonny will run his fastball in mid 90's with a pretty nasty slider. Not sure about his 3rd pitch, which is a changeup I believe but I am not sure how good it is. Like I said earlier, he is a fighter and will come at you. A work horse.

He sounds like the Beaver's Gaviglio, but with more velocity. Unfortunately, the Beavers other key Starter, Osich, can't seem to throw strikes right now. It will be interesting to see where Osich ends up in the draft. At one time, he was considered a first rounder.
0 permalink
6/6/2011 9:01:56 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Do you think that Sam is going to go pro? What kiind of bonus do you think Tyler will get. Looks like I get to follow the Rockies..
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ***MLB DRAFT THREAD***