Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » High School Baseball » West Coast Events

High School Baseball Forum
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/11/2011 1:09:52 PM

baseballsun1985
baseballsun1985
Are East Coast showcases/tournaments the only ones with blogging and live reports? Little disappointing.
0 permalink
6/11/2011 5:41:02 PM

Reeniop5
Reeniop5
I agree..There are some good games and performances so far that may be worth mentioning. Also Game changer undergoing some malfunction today. Overall, scores not getting in real time especially for those who paid premium. Hopefully, earlier scores/games will be updated in game changer with some blogs. Nice facilities though.

--
" A diamond is just a chunk of coal that made good under pressure."
0 permalink
6/12/2011 7:15:52 PM

BleacherCreature
BleacherCreature
Between Perfect Game and GameChanger I spent $70, and outside of a few sentences linked off the front page of PG, there wasn't a single blog, game review, wrap-up, highlight, players to watch list, or anything else done during this tournament. And with GameChanger I can only see tournament-wide stats for the top 5 in a handful of categories, why can't I see all the stats when I pay for premium content? And the detailed stats they put together have more than a few mistakes, wrong player #'s, substitutions not noted, at bats / plays in the field credited to wrong players, scores not updated, etc....I was very dissapointed, and would not purchase access to either PG or
GameChanger again.
0 permalink
6/14/2011 1:38:11 PM

tgold
tgold
Administrator
BleacherCreature and Lancer22,

That is VERY disappointing to hear.

I was at the east coast events myself (Memorial Day, Sunshine East, PG-EC Invitational) so I can't speak to the content from the west coast events but thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will pass along the feedback to our staff that was there. I am hoping that it is a technical error that is causing the content to not show up or show up in the wrong place for some reason, which can happen during the busy times of the year.

What may have caused the problems with gamechanger is that there was a server crash at one point because we had so many games going on at once (east and west events at same time) that it overloaded their system and several sets of games had to be scored manually (pen and paper). It will take a while before we are able to enter those games. That may have been the cause of some of the gamechanger issues, though you'd have to contact gamechanger with any questions or concerns as we can't address any of them directly.

Obviously, we are still trying to iron out a lot of kinks with the huge transition to the new system, I personally thought that it had gone smoother than expected from my experience. Though it sounds like that was not the case across the board, while I'm disappointed to hear the bad news I'm glad you let us know so that we can address the issues.

Thanks to both of you,

-Todd
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » High School Baseball » West Coast Events