Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall, hate to say I told ya so, but....

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/12/2011 7:17:25 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
I can't resist. I got branded as being a partisan loony around here at times, but it was frustrating that nobody who covered the sport nationally was seeing what I saw in this UNC squad. They are just gamers, plain and simple. They might go 0-2 in Omaha or they may just as easily win the whole thing. One thing I don't think people will be guilty of any longer though is ignoring them.
0 permalink
6/12/2011 7:53:25 AM

cmk4pres
cmk4pres
Congrats to UNC.

--
The University of Texas @ Omaha
0 permalink
6/12/2011 9:13:27 AM

rcw1126
rcw1126
Heels2Omaha wrote:
I can't resist. I got branded as being a partisan loony around here at times, but it was frustrating that nobody who covered the sport nationally was seeing what I saw in this UNC squad. They are just gamers, plain and simple. They might go 0-2 in Omaha or they may just as easily win the whole thing. One thing I don't think people will be guilty of any longer though is ignoring them.

I recall that "gamers" might have been one of the first descriptors used about Oregon State in 2006; and there weren't many going into that CWS who would have had them at the top of their predictions as National Champions.

The group of doubters about this year's UNC club has been a sizable one this season; sizable enough that it didn't escape the attention of the players and coaches. It's helped make an already determined group even more so. If you'll look very closely, you'll see the word "doubters" penned on that chip that sits firmly on their shoulders.
0 permalink
6/12/2011 10:09:28 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
UNC looked very good, congrats!
0 permalink
6/12/2011 11:53:55 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
What is a "I told you so"? I've said since about the end of March that Mike Fox was doing a phenomenal coaching job, and I haven't backed away from that stance.

With that said, the big key is that UNC's starting rotation has been solid the entire season. That was Scott Forbes' biggest concern before the season and the Tar Heels have been just fine on the mound.

Look forward to seeing the Carolina Blue back in Omaha.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
6/12/2011 1:27:46 PM

Postal Cock
Postal Cock
Heels2Omaha wrote:

Admit it you really don't hate saying it.

Gamers win games. And they are fun to watch and cheer for. We have a bunch of "gamers" on our team in Columbia. They never quit and they never give up.

Hope we can get another win and get out to Omaha with you guys.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall, hate to say I told ya so, but....