Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Just an observation

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/12/2011 10:07:44 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
As some of you may recall I made a post about 1/3 of the way through the season talking about how I didn't think UConn deserved to be ranked. I felt that way much of the season but they continued to win so I let it go and couldn't argue with wins. When the game with USC was coming on ESPN I said I want to watch to see what this Uconn team is all about. After watching them my statement from 1/3 through the year stands. I'm not impressed at all. Here are some observations I got from them.

1. Very cocky, came in to USC's stadium running their mouths whenever they could
2. Not impressed with Barnes at all. If this is the best they have they are in serious trouble. South Carolina knocked the cover off of anything he threw for 4 innings.
3. Barnes is a childish punk. So you strike out 3 batters in the first inning. IT'S JUST THE FIRST INNING, don't go off the field on national TV dropping F-bombs to th crowd. Grow up. Then after getting shelled over the next 4 innings as he goes off the field the crowd is getting on him a little big and he again resorts to dropping F-Bombs to the crowd. Childish.. If i was the big league team that took this guy, I would be very worried right now.
4. Acted like they won the CWS with 1 run in th 1st. I know you haven't been there before, but you still have to act lik you have. Notice USC whn they won the game. Just a hand shake and leave the field.

After the way they acted I hope that USC, droppes 12 or 13 on them today, but they won't because they are respectful.

Other observations-

Vandy looked insanely good
USC looked pretty good as well
UNC looked great in their sweep
ALL the pressure is now on Florida while MS. St. is just having fun, they weren't even suppose to be here.
How about Texas' bats finally waking up. (Where did ASU's go? They scored 29 in 2 games at their regional)
Virginia still looks good.

I wish my Hogs were still in it, but I'm still enjoying watching one of my favorite college sports! Good luck to everbody today!
0 permalink
6/12/2011 12:32:22 PM

rcw1126
rcw1126
Unfortunately, I came away with the same sort of observations, hogfan.

While it was a bit less visible, the University of Maine team came into the Chapel Hill Regional last weekend with a good bit of the same ridiculous attitude; particularly their head coach. "Ridiculous" because the only results it produced was to make the host team's players and coaches all the more determined to give it right back to them on the playing field.

Regardless of where a team's from, if they travel to a location where a higher-seeded team is playing, the only place to prove they belong is between the white lines. If one of their goals is to walk away from the game(s) having gained the respect of their opponent(s), they need to walk the walk; not just talk the talk.
edited by rcw1126 on 6/12/2011
0 permalink
6/12/2011 1:25:13 PM

Postal Cock
Postal Cock
hogfan4life wrote:
As some of you may recall I made a post about 1/3 of the way through the season talking about how I didn't think UConn deserved to be ranked. I felt that way much of the season but they continued to win so I let it go and couldn't argue with wins. When the game with USC was coming on ESPN I said I want to watch to see what this Uconn team is all about. After watching them my statement from 1/3 through the year stands. I'm not impressed at all. Here are some observations I got from them.

1. Very cocky, came in to USC's stadium running their mouths whenever they could
2. Not impressed with Barnes at all. If this is the best they have they are in serious trouble. South Carolina knocked the cover off of anything he threw for 4 innings.
3. Barnes is a childish punk. So you strike out 3 batters in the first inning. IT'S JUST THE FIRST INNING, don't go off the field on national TV dropping F-bombs to th crowd. Grow up. Then after getting shelled over the next 4 innings as he goes off the field the crowd is getting on him a little big and he again resorts to dropping F-Bombs to the crowd. Childish.. If i was the big league team that took this guy, I would be very worried right now.
4. Acted like they won the CWS with 1 run in th 1st. I know you haven't been there before, but you still have to act lik you have. Notice USC whn they won the game. Just a hand shake and leave the field.

After the way they acted I hope that USC, droppes 12 or 13 on them today, but they won't because they are respectful.

Other observations-

Vandy looked insanely good
USC looked pretty good as well
UNC looked great in their sweep
ALL the pressure is now on Florida while MS. St. is just having fun, they weren't even suppose to be here.
How about Texas' bats finally waking up. (Where did ASU's go? They scored 29 in 2 games at their regional)
Virginia still looks good.

I wish my Hogs were still in it, but I'm still enjoying watching one of my favorite college sports! Good luck to everbody today!

They did come in last night with a little attitude. I'm not sure if that was part of the gameplan or not but all it did was get the crowd even more fired up.

I still think they have a pretty good team. This series is not over yet.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Just an observation