Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Which story about O, Canada at FSU is correct?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/13/2011 6:27:57 PM

jdh008
jdh008
The ESPN announcers, Dan McLachlan and Jay Walker, have been saying all weekend that they sing O, Canada at Dick Howser Stadium because Canada was dominating the Winter Olympics in a particular year and FSU fans wanted that same level of success for the baseball team so they sing O, Canada.

A Seminoles fan posted on the A&M message boards that it started at an FSU/Canadian National Team exhibition some time ago. Supposedly, the Canadians were winning the game at one point and their fans began singing O, Canada. The Seminoles came back and took the lead soon thereafter and the FSU fans took the singing of O, Canada as the good luck charm so they continued it at every game.

Which is right? Or are neither of these stories correct?

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
6/13/2011 8:49:23 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Whatever the reason...it is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
0 permalink
6/14/2011 8:00:42 AM

jkag89
jkag89
God forbid fans have fun at the ball park. It is a little too scripted for my taste but quirky things like this is what is fun about college baseball.
0 permalink
6/14/2011 8:16:19 AM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Oh I love fans at college baseball games. Those SEC fans are awesome. Games at Miss St, S.Car, Ark, LSU are amazing. But the FSU fans doing their Canadian National Anthem and booing every strike/ball gets really annoying. I remember in 2008 when Bucknell shutout FSU in the first game of the regionals. The Bucknell pitcher threw a complete game shutout. He happened to be Canadian so he was really confused. His post game interview was priceless! Anyhow, singing another country's national anthem is dumb. They played Army years back in regionals.
0 permalink
6/14/2011 1:36:44 PM

jdh008
jdh008
I don't mind the O, Canada thing. It's original and I'm all for anything that gives college baseball games a fun atmosphere.

The booing every ball/strike call did get real old though, particularly in game 3. Hunter Scantling was all over the place. You aren't going to get calls when you are that wild.

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Which story about O, Canada at FSU is correct?