Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Design Flaw at TD Ameritrade

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/18/2011 9:34:47 PM

sigsky
sigsky
You saw the home run, er double, by Brian Johnson in the 7th of the Texas-Florida game which hit a shelf beyond the fence in the outfield and then caromed off a restraining fence and back on to the field. Clearly a home run but ruled a double. I'm glad I wasn't an umpire because who could possibly have called that play correctly from second base, 300 ft away. To me it didn't seem a fluke, but something that will occur every so often. There should have been a gap behind the fence so a rebound could not occur. The yellow area at the top of the fence seems to serve no purpose. Glad the ruling did not affect the outcome but I wouldn't be surprised if we see it again before the CWS ends.
0 permalink
6/18/2011 10:20:15 PM

gatoremt
gatoremt
I agree. It is hard for a umpire in real time from behind the pitchers mound to tell if that hit concrete just behind the wall. The NCAA should have at least been using replay for HR's in the CWS. That was not a good place to put concrete just over the top of the wall.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Design Flaw at TD Ameritrade