Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » rumers about Pat Casey-->Fullerton

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/20/2011 10:23:52 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
So the idea of OSU's Coach Casey leaving to go to fullerton has been floating around today. Kendall's twitter mentioned him as one of the top 4 candidates, and some guy on rivals who "knows a friend close to Pat" (sounds rather convenient, don't you think?) is claiming it is already a done deal. The idea kind of scares me a bit, though if he left it would be a real head-scratcher IMO. After a "rebuilding year," the Beavers are set to do great things with amazing talent the next couple years, especially with great recruiting classes, and to top it off, Casey's #2-in-the-conference salary could easily jump thanks to the Pac-12's new TV deal. He also turned down a much more lucrative Notre Dame offer a couple years back too. Still... makes me uneasy.
0 permalink
6/20/2011 10:38:45 PM

1whoknows
1whoknows
Don't worry. It's just a rumor. Pat isn't leaving Corvallis.
0 permalink
6/20/2011 11:29:00 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
I would be surprised if he left Corvallis to say the least, but he's definitely a guy Fullerton will at least call and get an ear from.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
6/21/2011 4:04:50 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
Fullerton loses coaches to big conferences. They don't steal coaches from them.

Won't happen. OSU would be dumb to let it. Fullerton can and should hire Vanderhook.
0 permalink
6/21/2011 5:47:43 PM

Wahoo2012
Wahoo2012
Seranno just left for Lowly Tenn bc it was in a better conference. Now way he leaves Pac 10 for Big West
0 permalink
6/21/2011 8:39:35 PM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
Wahoo, $errano left Fullerton for Tenn because he got a 300K pay raise from 300K to 600K.

Casey is making about the same in total comp - 300K - as $errano was at Fullerton. Casey probably won't leave OSU but it's not because of going down in level of conf.
0 permalink
6/22/2011 9:27:36 AM

Riders17
Riders17
Wahoo2012 wrote:
Seranno just left for Lowly Tenn bc it was in a better conference. Now way he leaves Pac 10 for Big West

Don't know if I would consider Tenn Lowly, SEC has 3 teams in Omaha, and Tenn has been to Omaha in 2001 and 2005. Luke Hochevar was the 2005 Golden Spikes winner and 1st overall pick and they have some pretty good baseball alumni ie Todd Helton, Chase Headley, RA Dickey. Plus their newly renovated stadium makes Goodwin look like a Rec facility, ohh and yes they pay their coaches pretty well in the SEC compared to the Big West. Serrano is going to kill it there.
0 permalink
6/27/2011 10:42:58 PM

1whoknows
1whoknows
So today I heard a rumor that Pat Casey will be retiring this year. Heard this from someone that works in the athletic dept.
0 permalink
6/27/2011 10:57:43 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
1whoknows.

Stop already with the "rumors".

I heard from long haul trucker at a rest stop in Florida who knows a guy that used to be in the maintenance department at OSU whose sister's best friend works in the secretary pool in the administration building. She's been having some hanky-panky with a guy that know one of the football grounds keepers that drinks with a baseball field chalk line guy who heard a rumor that Pat Casey is staying at Oregon State. But he's going to be the Gymnastics coach.

See how dumb it all sounds?
edited by Florida Beaver on 6/27/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » rumers about Pat Casey-->Fullerton