Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Tennessee dismisses OF from team ...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
10/5/2011 2:20:14 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
FYI
--

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee head baseball coach Dave Serrano announced Wednesday that sophomore outfielder Andrew Toles has been dismissed from the Volunteer baseball team.
"Within all successful programs, there is a certain standard of accountability to which every member of the team must be held," Serrano said. "Andrew and I have come to an agreement that this decision is in both of our best interests as we continue to move forward. Andrew is a talented young man, and we wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors."
A 2010 SEC All-Freshman Team selection, Toles hit .270 with 25 RBIs and 21 stolen bases last season. The Fayetteville, Ga., native played in 51 games, starting 50.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
10/10/2011 10:56:41 PM

MClements
MClements
I always wonder about situations like this. Normally it has one of three problems:

1) Test
2) Testing
3) Testosterone

Academic malfeasance, violation of team or university rules, or violations of team rules or legal issues.

It does take some digging to figure out any or all of the truth from either perspective.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Tennessee dismisses OF from team ...