Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall: Beating My Friend H2O to the Punch...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/26/2011 4:48:03 PM

rcw1126
rcw1126
Connecticut?!!!

1 - 4

3 losses to Big 10 teams.
0 permalink
2/26/2011 5:54:50 PM

HooBaseball
HooBaseball
I just have a hard time getting on the Big East bandwagon, like Kendall is trying to have us do. LOL!
0 permalink
2/26/2011 7:24:26 PM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
Big East isn't good at baseball. Period. Maybe they'll raise their competitiveness when TCU comes in and dominates.
0 permalink
2/26/2011 7:58:16 PM

Stork
Stork
It is way early in the season. Let's get to at least the 4th week before we make rash judgements.
0 permalink
2/26/2011 7:59:37 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
While I wouldn't say the Big East is great at baseball, they're not entirely BAD as a whole either, sure they are more prone to having bad weekends and such, because the depth simply isn't there in comparision with the South and the Western teams, but I think the Top 4 (St Johns, L'Ville, UConn and Pitt) could all potentially compete for multiple bids and the Big East is a rising conference that OF COURSE will get better when TCU joins. And to say they're not good 'PERIOD' is just wrong. They wouldn't have recieved multiple bids AND a reg. host last year (admittedly as a Nole fan, wasn't TOO thrilled they had to travel north) but also speaking as a native Northerner and Pittsburgher, I can say, the Big East from what I've seen and noticed IS putting more resources into sports like baseball (Pitt's brand new facility is a MAJOR upgrade over Trees Field.) It will take time, but the Big East isn't exactly as bad off as other conferences such as Big 10 and others.
0 permalink
2/26/2011 9:50:06 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
NolesFanJosh wrote:
While I wouldn't say the Big East is great at baseball, they're not entirely BAD as a whole either, sure they are more prone to having bad weekends and such, because the depth simply isn't there in comparision with the South and the Western teams, but I think the Top 4 (St Johns, L'Ville, UConn and Pitt) could all potentially compete for multiple bids and the Big East is a rising conference that OF COURSE will get better when TCU joins. And to say they're not good 'PERIOD' is just wrong. They wouldn't have recieved multiple bids AND a reg. host last year (admittedly as a Nole fan, wasn't TOO thrilled they had to travel north) but also speaking as a native Northerner and Pittsburgher, I can say, the Big East from what I've seen and noticed IS putting more resources into sports like baseball (Pitt's brand new facility is a MAJOR upgrade over Trees Field.) It will take time, but the Big East isn't exactly as bad off as other conferences such as Big 10 and others.

Hey, at least I didn't have Connecticut in the top ten. In all seriousness, the Huskies are a very talented team, but they obviously are having issues winning with a target on their backs, which is something I said a few weeks ago to watch. Some teams can handle that, some teams can't. Right now, the Huskies CAN'T handle that. They better learn to do it soon or they're going to be in a huge hole to even make the NCAA postseason.

I'm more confident Louisville will be just fine .... St. John's getting destroyed this weekend is very bad for the conference, too. This is a Johnnies club that played great baseball last weekend.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
2/27/2011 3:04:33 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Kendall,

I'm actually more of a Big East supporter than a basher lol. I do think UConn has to pick it up in next week or 2 or could bury themselves into a situation where they would almost have to run through the conference tournament in order to make the tournament. Because if they continue this horrid slide and lose next cpl non-conference weekends, I can't see how they would be able to produce a good enough resume to be in running for At-Large.

Louisville and St. John's I think will be and ARE currently in far better shape. It's unfortunate that due to the snowstorm back home in Pittsburgh, that the Panthers were unable to open up play in their new ballpark but I do think Coach Jordano and the Panthers will be on the 'upswing' this year.

Thoughts on Pitt Kendall?
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall: Beating My Friend H2O to the Punch...