Chicago Scouts Association:2
Orioles Scout Team:0
Texas PG Teal:2
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
10/14/2011 10:37:10 AM

tgold
tgold
Administrator
Pool C has been been released! Check out the pool preview here, and feel free to discuss below.
+1 permalink
10/14/2011 11:53:11 AM

tgold
tgold
Administrator
Top to bottom this is a very strong pool. Texas PG Teal has Wyatt Matthisen, who one veteran scout called the best Catching prospect in the 2012 class. I have only seen him pitch and was impressed, he primarily plays SS for his HS team (Calallen).

I'm looking forward to seeing the Chicago Scouts Association. Several players I have been hearing about but haven't had a chance to watch yet. Got to see Kevin Ross on the espn3.com broadcast of the Area Code Games and am excited to see him in person as well.

The Orioles Scout Team always has good pitching. Bobby Wahl was the pitcher who stands out to me from the 2009 team, he just had a great season in the Cape Cod League this summer after a solid freshman season at Ole Miss. The arm to watch coming in is Jack Wynkoop, a 6' 6" lefty committed to South Carlina who has shown rapid development over the past year. I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the other guys on the roster that I haven't seen yet were to have an impressive showing.
+1 permalink
10/14/2011 7:04:19 PM

melvin3
melvin3
i agree. the teal team. has probably the best catching rotation in the tournament with wyatt mathisen, nelson rodriguez, and carlos diaz. there is also a great combination of speed and power here with the additions of sanchez and velazquez along with rodriguez, mathisen, and beermann. The last piece of the puzzle is the really solid pitching. Watch out for the Name( Matt Ferreira), he is one of the biggest sleepers in the 2012 class.
+1 permalink
10/15/2011 1:07:05 PM

jarthur
jarthur
This looks like the most competitive pool so far.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » High School Baseball » Pool C WWBA World Championship