Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » This place looks lonely

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
12/11/2011 11:34:20 AM

DirtbagBlues
DirtbagBlues
It's so hard to find a good College Baseball forum, I wish this one was more active. Sticking with Rivals for now I guess.

How goes it, Kendall?

--
dirtbagblues.blogspot.com
0 permalink
12/12/2011 10:05:38 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Dirtbag,
Going extremely well, thanks ..... strangely enough, we have three thousand registered users on the message board, but we're still having some issues getting some folks to post. That won't stand.

How are things with you? How are the Dirtbags looking?

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
12/14/2011 10:57:11 AM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
Long Beach should contend for a regional as the third team behind Fullerton and Irvine in the Big West. They have a good schedule as always that will keep their RPI in at-large range.

They lost Fri SP Gagnon and SP/RP Pinder but return the rest of the staff. Stuart was solid last year as the other SP. Buckley obviously knows what he's doing with the pitching staff.

They lost C/3B Marjama, OF Hibbert and SS Singer and, IMO, Marjama is the only one that they will miss much. Duffy will probably slide over to SS with OF/IF McNeil moving full-time to 2B. They have last year's part-time C Murai and previous starter Hoime (medical redshirt in '11) back behind the plate.

If Long Beach is going to get into a regional the position players are going to have to be more productive. They only hit .258 with 10 HR's. Long Beach plays in a graveyard for hitters but that's a little ridiculous, even with the new bats. Also, they were last in the Big West in fielding (part of that will be helped by Singer moving on) and they will need to do a better job of helping out their pitching staff because they don't have the offense to be giving up extra outs in the field.
0 permalink
12/14/2011 11:38:52 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
FullertonBaseballFan wrote:
Long Beach should contend for a regional as the third team behind Fullerton and Irvine in the Big West. They have a good schedule as always that will keep their RPI in at-large range.

They lost Fri SP Gagnon and SP/RP Pinder but return the rest of the staff. Stuart was solid last year as the other SP. Buckley obviously knows what he's doing with the pitching staff.

They lost C/3B Marjama, OF Hibbert and SS Singer and, IMO, Marjama is the only one that they will miss much. Duffy will probably slide over to SS with OF/IF McNeil moving full-time to 2B. They have last year's part-time C Murai and previous starter Hoime (medical redshirt in '11) back behind the plate.

If Long Beach is going to get into a regional the position players are going to have to be more productive. They only hit .258 with 10 HR's. Long Beach plays in a graveyard for hitters but that's a little ridiculous, even with the new bats. Also, they were last in the Big West in fielding (part of that will be helped by Singer moving on) and they will need to do a better job of helping out their pitching staff because they don't have the offense to be giving up extra outs in the field.

I have to admit, I'm pretty interested to see how Long Beach State does in 2012. The Dirtbags have underachieved the past few seasons and it's important Coach Buckley shows some signs of improvement this season, IMO.

Blair Field already was an offensive nightmare with the old bats .... with the new bats, it's just ridiculous.

Hate to say it, but LBSU has essentially been replaced by UC Irvine as Fullerton's Big West rival.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
1/13/2012 12:59:17 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
DirtbagBlues wrote:
It's so hard to find a good College Baseball forum, I wish this one was more active. Sticking with Rivals for now I guess.

How goes it, Kendall?

Rivals still has a Baseball forum??
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » This place looks lonely