Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Question to you Kendall, LSU this year...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
1/13/2012 1:04:41 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Baseball season is filling the air!! And after that debacle of a football game it can't come soon enough.

How do you think the Tigers rebound this year from a disappointing 2010? I think the consensus is that pitching won't be a problem but the hitting may be lacking in power.

Any newcomers you think might impress us as well?
0 permalink
1/17/2012 2:41:41 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Hedegoba88 wrote:
Baseball season is filling the air!! And after that debacle of a football game it can't come soon enough.

How do you think the Tigers rebound this year from a disappointing 2010? I think the consensus is that pitching won't be a problem but the hitting may be lacking in power.

Any newcomers you think might impress us as well?

Thanks for the question.

I think the Tigers are going to have a very, very solid club this season. They have a very good weekend rotation of Kevin Gausman, Kurt McCune, and watch out for Ryan Eades. I'm hearing he's got the stuff and is primed to have an absolutely mammoth 2012 campaign.

In terms of newcomers, I've heard really nice things about pitchers Nick Rumbelow and Cody Glenn ... two young, but very talented arms. Look for them to log some significant innings. I'd also keep an eye on Austin Nola's brother, Aaron Nola. I've heard fantastic things about his skills on the mound.

As you alluded to, the key to the season is the offense. I expect the Tigers to be productive, but not ultra powerful, at the plate, with guys like Tyler Hanover, Jacoby Jones and Mason Katz leading the way.

Super Regional should be the expectation (the realistic one) for the Tigers.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Question to you Kendall, LSU this year...