Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Master Rankings - Week 1, 2/20/12

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/21/2012 1:36:12 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
For those of you that remember I used to compile and post what I would call the "master" rankings at rivals.com...I've moved over to Perfect Game USA as I personally see this as having one of the best college baseball analysts, Kendall. I compile the top 5 polls in the college baseball realm (at least the one's I think are the most important) and average them together to give a "fair" representation of how the college baseball world ranks these teams. The polls I use are; Perfect Game USA, Collegiate Baseball, NCBWA, Baseball America, and USA Today/ ESPN Coaches poll (though they won't release their first poll until next week and are not including in this first week). If people like this I will keep posting on a weekly basis so let me know.

My formula is pretty simple, 25 points for 1st in a poll 1 for 25th....add them all up and teams are then ranked in order based on the amount of points they have.

1. Florida
t2. Stanford
t2. South Carolina
4. Texas A&M
5. Rice
6. Arkansas
7. North Carolina
8. LSU
9. Texas
10. Georgia Tech
11. Florida State
12. Arizona State
13. Miami
14. Arizona
15. Georgia
16. Texas Christian
17. Vanderbilt
18. Oregon State
19. Clemson
20. Louisville
21. CS Fullerton
22. Oklahoma
23. Stetson
24. Central Florida
25. California
edited by OpihiMan on 2/21/2012
0 permalink
2/21/2012 7:19:18 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
OpihiMan wrote:
For those of you that remember I used to compile and post what I would call the "master" rankings at rivals.com...I've moved over to Perfect Game USA as I personally see this as having one of the best college baseball analysts, Kendall. I compile the top 5 polls in the college baseball realm (at least the one's I think are the most important) and average them together to give a "fair" representation of how the college baseball world ranks these teams. The polls I use are; Perfect Game USA, Collegiate Baseball, NCBWA, Baseball America, and USA Today/ ESPN Coaches poll (though they won't release their first poll until next week and are not including in this first week). If people like this I will keep posting on a weekly basis so let me know.

My formula is pretty simple, 25 points for 1st in a poll 1 for 25th....add them all up and teams are then ranked in order based on the amount of points they have.

1. Florida
t2. Stanford
t2. South Carolina
4. Texas A&M
5. Rice
6. Arkansas
7. North Carolina
8. LSU
9. Texas
10. Georgia Tech
11. Florida State
12. Arizona State
13. Miami
14. Arizona
15. Georgia
16. Texas Christian
17. Vanderbilt
18. Oregon State
19. Clemson
20. Louisville
21. CS Fullerton
22. Oklahoma
23. Stetson
24. Central Florida
25. California
edited by OpihiMan on 2/21/2012

Having done what no oregon team has done since reinstatement, I think the ducks are a sleeper. Who knows what was up with Hawaii, but I saw a team that scratched and conquered. Pac player of the week, says alot. Last years team would have folded. So, my thoughts are if the ducks win in vandy, they should be right behind, or in front of the beavers..
last two series that the ducks have won included the beavs..
0 permalink
2/22/2012 10:58:04 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1035
OpihiMan:
Great idea!
Are you going to hadicap ASU somehow since they are in the dog house this year & are not included in USA Today/ ESPN Coaches poll?

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
2/22/2012 11:11:51 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
ASU74 wrote:
OpihiMan:
Great idea!
Are you going to hadicap ASU somehow since they are in the dog house this year & are not included in USA Today/ ESPN Coaches poll?


Never thought of that but I think I may, what I'm going to do is add up their 4 rankings, divide by 4, and add that number to the original 4 rankings (so the USA Today ranking would be an average of the other 4 polls). You guys think that is fair?
0 permalink
2/22/2012 11:58:52 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1035
OpihiMan wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
OpihiMan:
Great idea!
Are you going to hadicap ASU somehow since they are in the dog house this year & are not included in USA Today/ ESPN Coaches poll?


Never thought of that but I think I may, what I'm going to do is add up their 4 rankings, divide by 4, and add that number to the original 4 rankings (so the USA Today ranking would be an average of the other 4 polls). You guys think that is fair?


Sounds about as fair as it gets to me.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Master Rankings - Week 1, 2/20/12





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software