Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Sooner thoughts as their schedule gets tougher....

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/27/2011 3:51:30 PM

Rosita
Rosita
* Looking forward to seeing how the Sooners perform against California and Arizona State shortly. Those games should reveal their potential far more than their recent battles against Arkansas-Pine Bluff and Oakland (Michigan).

* The Sooners (9 - 0) are averaging 11.8 runs per game. Is this due to having a stacked offense or to their opponents' mediocre pitching? We'll find out soon.

* Pitcher Burch Smith was far more consistent in this game. He remained in the low 90s/high 80s throughout the game. He struck out six, gave up two hits, no walks, and one HBP in six innings of work. The scouts were out in force today. There were at least 6 - 7 guys sitting in the stands, waving around their radar guns. It's clear they were largely their for Burch. While the Sooners were hitting, they often just left their seats and wandered around.

* Ugh about the Sooner bullpen. The team closer has six more games left of a team suspension for breaking some unspecified team rule. While I'm glad the team is trying to discipline its wayward players, I'll be happy to see him return to action.

* I'm also looking forward to the return of the Sooners' regular shortstop, Caleb Bushyhead. While he's been injured, Sooner pitcher Jack Mayfield has been helping out in the infield. I'd rather have Mayfield in the bullpen, helping out. Fortunately, the offense has compensated for the weaknesses in the bullpen, but once the Sooners play quality opponents.......
0 permalink
2/27/2011 8:57:11 PM

CDinSV
CDinSV
It looks to me like Coach Galloway has been talking to Coach Stoops and asking for advice on how to schedule cupcakes in the early part of the season. I'm surprised he hasn't made a phone call to Coach Kernen at CSU Bakersfield. The general consensus is that CSU Bakersfield isn't all that good. I personally disagree with that line of thinking, but whom am I other than the only person on the Pac-10 board that predicted that CSU Bakersfield would beat Washington.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Sooner thoughts as their schedule gets tougher....