Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10 non conference week 3 Predictions

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/1/2011 3:22:53 PM

Hammer1000
Hammer1000
#6 UCLA @ Nebraska(3)
#7 Arizona State @ Coca-Cola Classic vs. Cal State Bakersfield, Northern Illinois, Kansas and UC Riverside(4)
#15 Stanford@ #12 Texas(3)
Southern Cal @ #14 Cal State Fullerton(3)
#20 Oregon @ Long Beach State(3)
Utah Valley @ #22 Arizona(3)
#24 California @ USD Tournament vs. San Diego, San Diego State, Oklahoma and Connecticut(4)
BYU @ Washington(3)
Hartford @ Oregon State(4)
Washington State @ Dairy Queen Classic vs. Oklahoma State, Minnesota and South Alabama

#6 UCLA 2-1: Last week was a big disappointment for the Bruins but I think their Coach has them ready to go at Nebraska.
#7 Arizona State 3-1: Sun Devils will have a great weekend but I think the thought of the sanctions makes them drop one game.
#15 Stanford 1-2: Could Stanford's' schedule get any tougher? Playing at Texas is the hardest thing about the series.
Southern Cal 0-3: I thought Southern Cal might turn there program but playing at Rice and Cal State Fullerton on back to back weekends is too tough.
#20 Oregon 2-1: Horton has the Ducks ready to play on the road and they take this series with a close win in the rubber match on Sunday.
#22 Arizona 3-0: This team is on fire but maybe that is because there schedule has been incredibly easy.
#24 California 3-1: Cal showed its ready for the national stage last weekend and I think there only loss to a powerful Oklahoma team this weekend.
Washington 1-2: I thought the Huskies might have a quality season and maybe a surprise birth in the NCAA tournament this year but they have shown that they have yet again, no pitching and their offense is not great.
Oregon State 4-0: Easy series for the Beavers at home and I expect them to be in the top-25 soon.
Washington State 3-0: This is my sleeper team to Omaha and they will show how good they really are against there first tests of the season. Expect Adam Conley to dominate Oklahoma State and show that he is one of the best pitchers in the nation. Even without Chad Arnold, I expect Spencer Jackson and James Wise to pitch Wazzu by Minnesota and South Alabama.
0 permalink
3/1/2011 7:20:28 PM

ConnorOSU
ConnorOSU
UCLA: 2-1
ASU: 4-0
Stan: 1-2
USC: 0-3
UO: 2-1
UA: 3-0
Cal: 4-0
UW: 2-1
OSU: 4-0
WSU: 3-0
0 permalink
3/2/2011 1:57:39 AM

CDinSV
CDinSV
Hammer1000 wrote:
#6 UCLA @ Nebraska(3)
Washington 1-2: I thought the Huskies might have a quality season and maybe a surprise birth in the NCAA tournament this year but they have shown that they have yet again, no pitching and their offense is not great.

Would that be because of the horrible ERA that the team has? The one that I pointed out? Seriously Kendall, have you finally looked at the stats? I do have to congratulate the Huskies on dropping their team ERA 1.57 runs tho.
0 permalink
3/2/2011 1:59:43 AM

CDinSV
CDinSV
ConnorOSU wrote:
ASU: 4-0

Still no respect for the 6-2 Roadrunners.... That is fine, no issues. Maybe eventually you will have to admit that they are good.
0 permalink
3/2/2011 2:23:08 AM

CDinSV
CDinSV
So, in case you haven't been able to figure it out yet, I'm predicting that CSU Bakersfield will beat ASU in a nail biter. For the entire Coca-Cola Classic, I will say ASU goes 2-2.
For the rest of the PAC...
UCLA - Disapointed in them losing 2 of 3 to SJSU, bounce back this weekend and take 2 of 3.
Stanford - Texas will be mad having to leave paradise, and that might bite them in the butt. Stanford wins 1.
USC - Rebuilding - (V) A term the Trojan faithful will have to get used to. Fullerton in a sweep.
Oregon - With a program record of 2-2 there really isn't that much history between the two programs. But with LBSU still trying to get some traction this year, I'm going to say Quack, Quack, Quack. That is duck speak for a sweep.
U of A - Really? Utah State? Wildcats, if you keep scheduling these cupcakes, you better hope and pry that the Pac-10 schedule will help your RPI, cause playing the schedule you have won't make it.
CAL - The darlings of college baseball, 3-1 in SD.
BY Who & UW...Wake me when the series is over. BY Who sweeps, tho I don't think anyone will really care.
Beavers & Hartford... Another PAC NW series that will have people sleeping. Sweep for the Beavs.
Wazzu... A real team in the state of Washington. Not sure about the OSU game, but the rest will be cake walks. I'll go for it, Cougs sweep and win the Dairy Queen Classic.
0 permalink
3/2/2011 8:06:34 AM

RoundingThirdStaff
RoundingThirdStaff
6 UCLA @ Nebraska(...UCLA sweeps and gets back to their dominant play...

#7 Arizona State vs. Cal State Bakersfield, Northern Illinois, Kansas and UC Riverside...Arizona State sweeps easily, but will have a tough time with and ever improving Bakersfield team.

#15 Stanford@ #12 Texas(3)....Give Stanford a lot of credit for having the cahones to schedule Rice, Vandy and Texas right out of the gate...They are toughened and I predict Stanford wins 2 of 3.

Southern Cal @ #14 Cal State Fullerton(3)...Fullerton sweeps the enigma of the PAC 10.

#20 Oregon @ Long Beach State(3)...I am not sold on Oregon at all...The Beach wins 2 of 3...

Utah Valley @ #22 Arizona(3)...Arizona pitched its best against Rice mid -week...Wildcats will win 2 of 3 with Sundays game a toss-up

#24 California vs. San Diego, San Diego State, Oklahoma and Connecticut(4)...I am riding this wave of Golden Bear fever...Cal's 3 and 4 pitchers are better than the Sooners and Huskies, so a Cal sweep will solidify their quest to become America's team.

BYU @ Washington(3)...Washington will get schooled...BYU sweeps

Hartford @ Oregon State(4)....Yawn.....Beavers sweep

Washington State vs. Oklahoma State, Minnesota and South Alabama...Are they playing this in Minnesota??The dome is not fixed yet is it? Brrrrrrrr. Last week, Cougar pitchers showed they could be effective in 13 degree weather...They may have to do it again...Their three starters are quality...Cougars sweep.
edited by RoundingThirdStaff on 3/2/2011
0 permalink
3/2/2011 10:37:27 AM

ASU74
ASU74
UCLA 2-1
ASU 3-1
STANFORD 1-2
USC 0-3
OREGON SWEEP
UA SWEEP
CAL 2-2
UW 1-2
OSU 3-1
WSU 2-1
edited by ASU74 on 3/2/2011

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/3/2011 8:06:02 AM

wazzucoug96
wazzucoug96
The WSU/OKST/MINN/SALA tourney has been moved to Arizona due to the issues with the dome. Go Cougs.
0 permalink
3/3/2011 11:56:19 AM

RoundingThirdStaff
RoundingThirdStaff
wazzucoug96 wrote:
The WSU/OKST/MINN/SALA tourney has been moved to Arizona due to the issues with the dome. Go Cougs.

Good news for the Cougs... Conley is a stud..He will set the pace for the weekend.
0 permalink
3/4/2011 2:09:19 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
UCLA: 2-1
ASU: 3-1
Stan: 2-1
USC: 1-2
UO: 2-1
UA: 2-1
Cal: 3-1
OSU: 4-0
WSU: 2-1
0 permalink
3/4/2011 6:43:11 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
UCLA: sweep
ASu 3-1
Stan: 2-1
USC: 1-2
UO: sweep
UA: 2-1
Cal: 3-1
OSU: 3-1
WSU: 2-1

ucirvine beat by st.mary's.. think the ducks have played some stiff competition thus far, and the bullpen will come through, and bats should come alive. They play well in california.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10 non conference week 3 Predictions