Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Miami

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/1/2011 4:19:36 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
I have either listened or watched every Miami game so far this year...and Miami is just not very good. I am a huge Miami fan and it seems since Gino Dimare left the program and Mercadante came in as hitting coach, the offense has taken a huge hit (no pun intended). Miami is simply not very good as of right now. Interested to see what happens the rest of the season but after the UF series Miami may just be 4-7. Ouch. I figured with Miami's speed and the new bats that we would benefit by using our speed. That has not been the case.
0 permalink
3/1/2011 10:19:18 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
They are extremely young, but the last few years, it's always felt (to me at least) they get off to kinda a slow start collectively and then a month or so into it, they're solid in Regional host spot. A win or 2 this weekend would go a LONG way for them this season.
0 permalink
3/2/2011 6:11:55 AM

fsugeo
fsugeo
Miami went into the UF series last year at 7-1. They lost the first two games of the series so they lost their third game in their 10th game of the season. In 2009 they were 13-2 before losing their third game and in 2008 they were 27-2.

Those aren't exactly slow starts. I think Miami will make the NCAA tournament, but by their standards this will be a below average team.
0 permalink
3/2/2011 9:01:51 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
As usual Geo, I stand corrected with you around lol. But just in listening to w/e streams I can watch or listen to the last cpl yrs, this isn't old POWERHOUSE Miami that we're used to seeing like did in 90's and early 2000's.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post