Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac 12 Player & Pitcher of the Week (Week 8)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/9/2012 2:51:34 PM

ASU74
ASU74
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — OREGON sophomore outfielder Brett Thomas has been named Pac-12 Player of the Week and OREGON senior right-handed pitcher Alex Keudell has been named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week for April 2-8, Commissioner Larry Scott announced Monday.

Thomas batted .636 (7-for-11) in three games against then-No. 5 UCLA last week, racking up two doubles, three runs scored, two RBI and two stolen bases as the then-No. 22 Ducks took two of three games from the Bruins in Los Angeles. The Poway, Calif., native posted a .692 on-base percentage and .818 slugging percentage, and also was perfect in the outfield, adding an assist on Saturday. Tacking on Oregon’s series sweep of Arizona State from two weekends ago, Oregon won five consecutive conference games for the first time since 1976.

This is Thomas’ first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and the fifth all-time selection for Oregon.

Keudell threw seven shutout innings in the first game of the Oregon-UCLA series on Thursday, when the Ducks upset the then-No. 5 Bruins, 6-2. The senior allowed eight hits, struck out two, walked one and didn't allow any extra-base hits as he improved to 4-3 on the season. Keudell now has pitched 22 consecutive shutout innings and is 3-0 in his last three starts.

This is Keudell’s first career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week selection and Oregon’s fourth all-time selection. Oregon sophomore Jimmie Sherfy claimed the first Pitcher of the Week award of the 2012 season on Feb. 21.

Also Nominated (Player): Bobby Brown, ARIZ; Deven Marrero, ASU; Eric Smith, STAN; Parker Morin, UTAH.

Also Nominated (Pitcher): Kurt Heyer, ARIZ; Matt Dunbar, ASU; Mark Appel, STAN; David Berg, UCLA; Andrew Triggs, USC; Mitch Watrous, UTAH.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/9/2012 2:55:17 PM

ASU74
ASU74
RD
I can just picture you jumping up and down on your couch..... cuz the Ducks Sweep Pac 12 Weekly Baseball Honors.

Congrads

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/9/2012 4:11:21 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah- I was surprised that Alex did not get it last week. Guess the stakes were higher, thus accounting for the Pac player of the week. I can't remember the last time two players off the same team got POW for O and D.(last month- lol) Yeah, made my day a little better, but still bummed we could not get the sweep last week. But with the caliber of UCLA to get beat 3 in a row, I think that is not in the cards with them. I have always like the way Thomas has always impressed me in the field, and with his bat. We need to take care of business this week. I would vote for the ducks again, yet.. it seems like on this board with a few guys we are still the rodney dangerfields of pac 12 play. I guess UCLA did it a few weeks ago..
edited by Riverduck on 4/9/2012
edited by Riverduck on 4/9/2012
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac 12 Player & Pitcher of the Week (Week 8)