Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kentucky vs. Arkansas

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/13/2012 8:18:40 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Hogs take game 1 thanks to a 2 out 3 RBI triple in the bottom of the eight. Wild game, 8-7 final.
0 permalink
4/13/2012 10:39:40 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Hogfan, I've always been skeptical of Kentucky because they always seem to rack up high OOC records by paying patsies, but this year's team seems legitimate. What's your take on the Wildcats?
0 permalink
4/14/2012 8:45:58 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Dodger Matt wrote:
Hogfan, I've always been skeptical of Kentucky because they always seem to rack up high OOC records by paying patsies, but this year's team seems legitimate. What's your take on the Wildcats?

I wasn't able to attend, but I can tell you that Stanek (our Friday night starter) has been awesome and knocked him out in the 4th. Friends at the game said they knock the cover off the ball. A lot of their pitching stats weren't the best to me meaning they have gotten some good breaks along the way. Good teams do that though. After this Friday night game I know it won't be easy to hold them down two more games.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 10:18:38 AM

I too have been skeptical of Kentucky for many years after playing mostly local teams early on OOC. This year seems to be a bit different as they have really improved in a lot of categories, especially hitting.Thru this past weekend they have a team BA of.317,142 BB (9 batters with 11 or more), 61 HBP, 34-40 SB so it seems they are very patient at the plate and getting some good swings while in the box.They have also scored 90 runs in the 6th and 7th innings alone combined so they seem to have figured out most starting pitchers by the 2-3 rd time thru the order
0 permalink
4/16/2012 11:37:55 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
It was an awesome series. One swing could have changed every game. All three games were decided by one run. Arkansas reward? Dropping from 8 to 16 in the rankings for losing 2 games by 1 run to the #2 team in the country. Seems to me that it should have validated your past rankings Kendall. They couldn't have played any closer withou tying I don't think they deserve that far of a drop. Oh well rankings don't matter until the last week of the season.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 6:49:49 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
hogfan4life wrote:
It was an awesome series. One swing could have changed every game. All three games were decided by one run. Arkansas reward? Dropping from 8 to 16 in the rankings for losing 2 games by 1 run to the #2 team in the country. Seems to me that it should have validated your past rankings Kendall. They couldn't have played any closer withou tying I don't think they deserve that far of a drop. Oh well rankings don't matter until the last week of the season.

Exactly. Too many ppl get caught up in rankings and polls way too often in College Baseball, it's the Tournament Projections and resumes of teams that more ppl should be scrutinizing more closely.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 10:10:50 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
NolesFanJosh wrote:
hogfan4life wrote:

Exactly. Too many ppl get caught up in rankings and polls way too often in College Baseball, it's the Tournament Projections and resumes of teams that more ppl should be scrutinizing more closely.

Easy to say when your team is red hot Noles fan!! My Hogs go through this slump every year. I don't really understand it. I just hope they get it together quick. Gotta go to ole miss and Florida the next two weekends.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 11:50:09 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Nahh...never know what ya gonna get from Noles...we all know about the postseason stuff

Wondering how Ark shapes up in hosting picture right now, would be a shame to not have postseason ball at Baum. Win those next 2 series, I think that'll do enough resume-wise to vault them into a decent host category instead of fighting on that bubble...
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kentucky vs. Arkansas