Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » West Coast Conference

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/14/2012 5:17:24 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Thought I'd throw something out there for the WCC fans. This is related to the Pac-12, so Pac-12 fans might find it of interest as well.

First, since I live in the Portland metro area, I am interested in what the University of Portland does. I love the fact that they are currently ranked number one in the nation in team ERA, and they are on the brink of making Kendall's projections. They are also playing Pepperdine in Malibu this weekend, where my oldest daughter and wife are visiting. (She's trying to decide on a law school to attend.) I laughed at them that our weather was pretty darn good the last couple days, yet the Pepperdine-Portland game yesterday was postponed due to rain.

Sorry for the long preamble. Here is the funny thing. Pac-12 fans might recognize these names:
  • Matt Gelalich or Pepperdine: PERSONAL: Given name is Matthew Nicholas Gelalich...Son of Greg and Karyn Gelalich...Has two brothers, Jeff (20) and Danny (14)...Brother Jeff plays baseball at UCLA...Majoring in sports medicine...Career goal is to become a dentist...Loves baseball because it forces you to deal with adversity and to learn from your mistakes.
  • Kris Kauppila of Portland: PERSONAL: Born on Oct. 2, 1989 in Hollywood, Calif. Son of Lonnie and Georgia Kauppila. Dad played baseball at the University of Florida. Has one younger brother, Lonnie, who plays for Stanford. Both brothers played together for two years at Cresecent Valley High--Kris at short and Lonnie at third. Major is business.
0 permalink
4/17/2012 12:38:58 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Portland had a tough weekend down at Pepperdine, but that's a pretty good team and Chris Sperry really does a nice job with that program.

Honestly, the Pilots probably overachieve a little bit.

The WCC is very very solid this season. Better than usual ... way better than usual.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » West Coast Conference