Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » LSU vs. UK Best weekend of the year.....

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/17/2012 12:32:05 AM

Blindambition25
Blindambition25
The biggest weekend of college baseball is less than a week away, with many great matchups this weekend including #3. Baylor at #9. Texas a&m, #28. Georgia at #4. Florida, #15. Miami at #5. FSU, #7. UCLA at #30. Oregon St., and #21. Arizona St. at #19. Stanford. But the matchup that really takes the cake is #1. LSU at #2. UK, the two best teams in the nation are tied for first overall place in the SEC. With a very dominant weekend starting staff, LSU is putting together a very formidable team this season, and while the Wildcats have surprised many by how well they are playing this season, they've proved their place among college baseballs best this season so far. My question to you is only going to be about this particular series. If LSU were at home, I'd be calling for a sweep by the tigers, but since we head to Lexington for this epic matchup I'll concede a wildcat victory in one game this weekend. LSU will win Friday and Saturday, with UK taking the Sunday game and jumping on the freshmen Sunday starter for LSU. I may be wrong, but I just might be right. Tell me why either way.....

Note: all rankings used are from collegiate baseball's newspaper poll
0 permalink
4/17/2012 1:55:39 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Kentucky has been pretty solid at home and are handling themselves quite nicely, but this is another weekend where they step up in class so to speak, I think LSU with Gausman have the edge on Friday...but the other 2 gms are a serious tossup.

I would hold off saying the two best teams in the nation..they are two of THE best teams in the Nation seeing as PG's rankings are slightly different.
0 permalink
4/17/2012 9:24:07 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Why would you come on here and use the Collegiate Baseball Poll when Kendall runs this site and has his own rankings??

This game will be a matchup of 2 vs 4
0 permalink
4/17/2012 7:36:10 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
Or 3 vs 5 according to NCBWA Hedge. I am interested in seeing this match up as well of 2 very good teams. The best in the land ? Not so sure about that Blind

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
4/18/2012 10:01:37 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I just figured posting here, why not use Kendalls rankings.

I can't wait, hope my Tigers can continue playing solid baseball. Now if only I didn't have to go to Houston for a wedding
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » LSU vs. UK Best weekend of the year.....