Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac 12 Player & Pitcher of the Week (Week 10)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/23/2012 12:58:16 PM

ASU74
ASU74
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — STANFORD freshman third baseman Alex Blandino has been named Pac-12 Player of the Week and OREGON STATE freshman left-handed pitcher Jace Fry has been named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week for April 16-22, Commissioner Larry Scott announced Monday.

Blandino went 9-for-16 (.563) over four games, racking up eight runs, four home runs, 11 RBI, one double and a steal, leading to a 1.375 slugging percentage and a .611 on-base percentage. He homered in four of his first seven at-bats last week, including two against then-No. 20 ARIZONA STATE on Friday. The Palo Alto, Calif., native hit the game-winning, two-out single in the ninth on Saturday and then contributed two runs, an RBI single and a steal on Sunday to help Stanford sweep ASU for the first time since 1999.

This is Blandino’s first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and the 68th all-time selection for Stanford.

Fry threw his first complete-game shutout against then-No. 11 UCLA on Saturday, striking out six in the Beavers’ 3-0 win. The freshman needed just 107 pitches to finish off the Bruins and improve to 4-2 on the season. Fry has allowed just three earned runs in 30 1/3 innings in April, giving him a 0.89 ERA for the month.

This is Fry’s first career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week selection and OSU’s 66th all-time selection.

Also Nominated (Player): Seth Mejias-Brean, ARIZ; James McDonald, ASU; Chad Bunting, CAL; Aaron Payne, ORE; Ryan Gorton, OSU; Taylor Ard, WSU.

Also Nominated (Pitcher): Kurt Heyer, ARIZ; Matt Flemer, CAL; Jordan Spencer, ORE

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/23/2012 1:14:04 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I thought maybe Fry would have finished second this week behind Jordan Spencer. Granted, Fry faced a nationally ranked conference foe with some pretty good offensive numbers. But it's hard to disregard a no-hitter, and it didn't come against a zero-offense club. Portland is a decent team. Nonetheless, I'll take it. (For Fry, that is. ;-)
0 permalink
4/24/2012 12:11:32 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
I thought maybe Fry would have finished second this week behind Jordan Spencer. Granted, Fry faced a nationally ranked conference foe with some pretty good offensive numbers. But it's hard to disregard a no-hitter, and it didn't come against a zero-offense club. Portland is a decent team. Nonetheless, I'll take it. (For Fry, that is. ;-)
Midweek games don't really mean much. I think series implications mean alot. Keudell pitched well, but the opponents were what mattered.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac 12 Player & Pitcher of the Week (Week 10)