Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - Univ of Portland and Regionals

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/28/2012 3:38:18 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, what does the University of Portland need to do to make the Regionals?
0 permalink
4/28/2012 11:28:35 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
BeaverBob wrote:
Kendall, what does the University of Portland need to do to make the Regionals?

The Pilots probably need to win each of their remaining series to feel pretty safe. Taking the series finale over San Diego tomorrow would go a long, long way to making that a possibility though. They're having a really nice season. Kyle Kraus really stepped up in the series opener.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/30/2012 10:17:00 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Currently ISR 58, RPI 86, and needing to go 11-2 according to Boyd's needs report to make the cutoff. Seems a tough wall to climb. They have six games against St. Mary and Seattle, which should not be that hard. But the other seven are @Gonzaga (3), @Oregon State, Oregon (1 home, 1 away), and against Wazzu (in Pasco). I think their best chance is to win five of their remaining six conference games and hope the three teams above them beat each other up. Not a great strategy, but pretty much all they have left.
0 permalink
5/1/2012 12:36:01 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Dodger Matt wrote:
Currently ISR 58, RPI 86, and needing to go 11-2 according to Boyd's needs report to make the cutoff. Seems a tough wall to climb. They have six games against St. Mary and Seattle, which should not be that hard. But the other seven are @Gonzaga (3), @Oregon State, Oregon (1 home, 1 away), and against Wazzu (in Pasco). I think their best chance is to win five of their remaining six conference games and hope the three teams above them beat each other up. Not a great strategy, but pretty much all they have left.

good stuff. I think Portland would've been done if it hadn't won the San Diego series, so that tells you just how small the margin of error is for this team moving forward.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - Univ of Portland and Regionals