Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/1/2012 12:41:09 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Wow- Uncharted waters for the ducks right now. #6 seed forecast right now. Looks like we control our destiny for the remainder of the year. 9 more conference games.. AZ, OSU, USC. If we win all the series, we should win the pac. Wow.
-1 permalink
5/1/2012 12:57:33 PM

ASU74
ASU74
RD
With 3 series to go & two of them being away for you, I would not count my ducklings till they hatch.
This is the PAC!
Good luck to all.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/1/2012 4:44:23 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
ASU74 wrote:
RD
With 3 series to go & two of them being away for you, I would not count my ducklings till they hatch.
This is the PAC!
Good luck to all.

Not counting anything. I of all fans have understood this since reinstatement. Any pac win is a hard fought battle, and not to be taken lightly. Heck, the only series losses have come to the washington schools. Our main obstacle is AZ. I think we should be ok. I am really liking how are team is gelling at the right time. Keudell and Reed have been one of the more consistent 1-2 pitchers in the league, and with are fielding at the top as well, I will take that any day over having the top batting average. Pitching and defense wins game. Period. But, going on a 9 game skid is a reality, and could happen. One game at a time. We need a win tonight.
oh- and for what it is worth, anyone can download the ducks app from the Iphone app store, and listen to any game for a one time fee of 2.99. Stats are much better than on the computer.
-1 permalink
5/1/2012 5:08:37 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I remember 2011. Oregon State was number one for several weeks in a row, and all the Beavers needed was to win one on the last weekend from the lowly Ducks in Eugene to clinch the Pac-10 crown. Alas, it was not to be.

I hate the thought of resorting to schadenfreude or revenge for my jollies, but the poetic justice of having an Oregon team roll into Corvallis for the Civil War at season's end with a one-game lead over Arizona or UCLA and getting swept to miss their first Pac title in 30-plus years? Man, that would be pretty hard for any Beaver fan not to root for. Cool
0 permalink
5/1/2012 9:10:29 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Ducks got lucky against Gonzaga. The Bulldogs gave that one away. Outhit Oregon 9-3 but committed two errors, including one that led to the wining run.
0 permalink
5/1/2012 9:13:09 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
I remember 2011. Oregon State was number one for several weeks in a row, and all the Beavers needed was to win one on the last weekend from the lowly Ducks in Eugene to clinch the Pac-10 crown. Alas, it was not to be.

I hate the thought of resorting to schadenfreude or revenge for my jollies, but the poetic justice of having an Oregon team roll into Corvallis for the Civil War at season's end with a one-game lead over Arizona or UCLA and getting swept to miss their first Pac title in 30-plus years? Man, that would be pretty hard for any Beaver fan not to root for. Cool
And I would hope that the beavs were the decider. How sweet would it be to win the title at Goss. That is why baseball is the best sport on the planet. Yeah we could lose it, but when there is nothing on the line.. it is not as sweet. Would rather have us fight to the end, then have it given to us.
edited by Riverduck on 5/1/2012
I would rather lose a title and at least take it to a super regional than beat someone to spoil them and stay home.
You guys got pretty far last year.. nothing to be ashamed of IMO.
-1 permalink
5/1/2012 9:20:09 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
Ducks got lucky against Gonzaga. The Bulldogs gave that one away. Outhit Oregon 9-3 but committed two errors, including one that led to the wining run.
Well, that is the difference between a good team and an average team.. That was us last year. We gave away so many close games. This team can get outhit, but all it takes is one duck to carry the team. Oh, and that one hit was a two run hr from mr. clutch KG. He has 15 two out RBI/s this year including nine in the ducks last eight games. Thomas, and Garlick are the clutch hitters on this team. Defense was great, and they grind and never quit. Zags are good, and I knew these two would be close. I was relieved when Thorpe came in. I pretty much knew we would pull it out with Thorpe and Sherfy. I would rather be lucky and win, then dominate and give it away.
This in my opionion is the critical part of our schedule. 5 games away vs very, very good opponents. Only way we will win if our d is strong and our pitching only gives up a run or two in the next 4 games. I saw a stat that Duck pitchers are like 3 or 4 nationally in hits per 9 innings.. and 6 nationally in fielding pct.. .980 And we are hitting like .262- effective but no pretty. And that vs Pac opponents. Pretty sweet if you ask me.
-1 permalink
5/1/2012 10:53:55 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, it's good to see more of you on the forum lately. However, I thought Ducks were fowl weather creatures. You seem to be an anomaly and are a fair weather bird.

And, congrats to your Ducks. Looking forward to the Goss series.

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Well, that is the difference between a good team and an average team.. That was us last year. We gave away so many close games. This team can get outhit, but all it takes is one duck to carry the team. Oh, and that one hit was a two run hr from mr. clutch KG. He has 15 two out RBI/s this year including nine in the ducks last eight games. Thomas, and Garlick are the clutch hitters on this team. Defense was great, and they grind and never quit. Zags are good, and I knew these two would be close. I was relieved when Thorpe came in. I pretty much knew we would pull it out with Thorpe and Sherfy. I would rather be lucky and win, then dominate and give it away.
This in my opionion is the critical part of our schedule. 5 games away vs very, very good opponents. Only way we will win if our d is strong and our pitching only gives up a run or two in the next 4 games. I saw a stat that Duck pitchers are like 3 or 4 nationally in hits per 9 innings.. and 6 nationally in fielding pct.. .980 And we are hitting like .262- effective but no pretty. And that vs Pac opponents. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

edited by BeaverBob on 5/1/2012
0 permalink
5/2/2012 1:24:22 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
That upcoming 3-game Seattle series is going to destroy your RPI, I can't see a national seed coming for the Ducks...even Boyd says the Duck's need to go 15-2 for a top 8 RPI finish and you can be fairly certain that a single loss to Seattle means no national seed.
0 permalink
5/2/2012 3:41:20 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
OpihiMan wrote:
That upcoming 3-game Seattle series is going to destroy your RPI, I can't see a national seed coming for the Ducks...even Boyd says the Duck's need to go 15-2 for a top 8 RPI finish and you can be fairly certain that a single loss to Seattle means no national seed.

Just look at last year, they gave UCLA a National Seed despite RPI being at #25 (according to Boyds World 2011 #s)

They said last year that the RPI was a tool, but they give as much if not more merit to winning your conference's regular season championship. Now, whether or not they use that against this year remains to be seen but Boyd also says that Purdue currently at #5 and IN as National Seed across the board, needs to go 12-0 just to remain in Top 8 and 9-3 to stay inside Top 16...still a lot of work left in the season for a lot of teams..
0 permalink
5/2/2012 8:27:01 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:

I don't see this team with a national seed.. we have alot of experience of close games that go our favor. Hard to keep that up with everything on the line. Not sure if the ducks can keep their nerves in check. Huge ramifications for every loss from here on out. I am pretty much freaking out.
-1 permalink
5/2/2012 8:28:26 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:

Yeah, when was the last time we went 15-2.. with this kind of pressure. Just praying the pitching holds up, and our hitters get hot.
-1 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post