Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 13

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/9/2012 12:00:09 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Week 13

This looks to be a down week, as none of the series pits top teams against each other. But there is still some intrigue as a couple of teams with reasonable hopes of making the postseason host upper-tier teams in gotta-win series, and a couple of other teams whose postseason hopes are all but gone travel to other strong teams’ ballparks for a last-ditch, against-all-odds effort to play into June.
  • UCLA at UW
  • Ariz at Cal
  • USC at Ore
  • WSU at Stan
  • OSU at Utah
  • ASU at Gonzaga (XGon)
Week 13 Series
  • The Huskies are practically in after playing very well in Coach Lindsey Meggs’s third season at UW. According to the RPI needs report, UW only needs to go 4-6 to make the cut. With series against UCLA, @ASU, and Wazzu, this seems doable. UCLA was one out away (several times) from a sweep of Purdue before succumbing to an outlandish 10-run 9th-inning loss, but the Bruins still enter the weekend in the discussion for a national seed. That may end prematurely if they don’t take care of the Huskies.
  • Arizona is still in the hunt for the Pac-12 crown, even after losing a home series to 1st place Oregon last weekend. They travel to California to take on the Golden Bears, who amazingly can still make the postseason if they win seven of their last ten games. Easier said than done. Those ten games are Arizona, UCLA, and @Stanford, with a single nonconference game against Wazzu.
  • USC suffered a devastating blow getting swept by Washington last week, but they can still get in with an 8-4 record over their last 12 games. They also face a gauntlet of top-tier Pac teams: @Oregon, Arizona, and @UCLA, with a makeup game against Wazzu, and solos against Santa Barbara and Riverside. The Ducks has proven themselves the best team in the conference, with a 1.5-game lead over 2nd place Arizona and series wins over the other top four teams. They have only USC at home and Oregon State on the road left in conference play. Doing well against the Trojans might render the Civil War series irrelevant to the conference title. But if they let Arizona or UCLA gain ground by not taking the Trojans seriously, they could lose it all on the diamond in Corvallis. Which would be a terrible thing.
  • The Cougars have to go 10-2 to have a chance now. They might not make it past this weekend at Sunken Diamond. If they manage to pull off an upset in Palo Alto, they still have OSU and @UW. Too many wasted opportunities. Stanford is still trying to claw back into the top of the conference standings. Their remaining schedule looks favorable: Wazzu, @Utah, and Cal.
  • The wipeout classic has the inutile Utes hosting Oregon State. Nuff said.
  • This week’s nonconference series should be a good one. Although tied for 5th in the WCC, Gonzaga has a decent overall record (29-17, same as ASU) and some good wins on their resume and still could make the postseason with a 5-5 finish. They lost two 1-run games to Oregon last week, but they also have beaten UW and Wazzu each twice this year. ASU is playing for pride, but the Zags are playing for spot in a regional.
0 permalink
5/9/2012 9:10:16 AM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
UCLA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
STAN 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 2-1
0 permalink
5/9/2012 11:48:32 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
UCLA 2-1
Ariz 2-1
Ore 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
xGon 2-1
0 permalink
5/9/2012 12:18:10 PM

Rowdy
Rowdy
UCLA 2-1
AZ 2-1
Ore 2-1
STAN 2-1
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
0 permalink
5/9/2012 12:57:20 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
WA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 3-0
0 permalink
5/9/2012 4:27:53 PM

ConnorOSU
ConnorOSU
UCLA 3-0
Ariz 3-0
Ore 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
XGon 3-0
0 permalink
5/9/2012 8:45:55 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Connor, I'm not sure about this strategy of yours. But we'll see how it plays out.

Now this...Riverduck wrote:
WA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 3-0

All right, I know a lot of folks don't use the Ariz abbreviation, and that one is understandable. But the first three of your picks I have to manually retype. WA, AZ, and OR are good if you work for the post office, but c'mon.

(At least you got the important ones right.)
0 permalink
5/9/2012 9:32:58 PM

WildCard85
WildCard85
UW 2-1
CAL 2-1
ORE 2-1
STAN 3-0
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
GO CARDINAL !!!
0 permalink
5/9/2012 10:01:23 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
Connor, I'm not sure about this strategy of yours. But we'll see how it plays out.

WA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 3-0

All right, I know a lot of folks don't use the Ariz abbreviation, and that one is understandable. But the first three of your picks I have to manually retype. WA, AZ, and OR are good if you work for the post office, but c'mon.

Yeah.. sorry. I own a newspaper, and yeah, today I was printing labels for our subscriptions.. Lol
0 permalink
5/9/2012 10:43:41 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I didn't think they still priinted Newspapers. What a concept. I use to have the Oregonian delivered to my house, mainly so I could use it as a liner for the cat box. But the paper has become so liberal over the years that my cat won't even do her business on it.

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

WA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 3-0

Yeah.. sorry. I own a newspaper, and yeah, today I was printing labels for our subscriptions.. Lol
+1 permalink
5/9/2012 10:50:17 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
I didn't think they still priinted Newspapers. What a concept. I use to have the Oregonian delivered to my house, mainly so I could use it as a liner for the cat box. But the paper has become so liberal over the years that my cat won't even do her business on it.

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

WA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 3-0

It is more of a local community paper that is driven my local advertising. We have alot of people who subscribe because the other paper in town features non local items, coupled with car crashes and fox news worthy items lol. Plus, alot of our readers don't even own computers.. so I guess we have a niche. I wanted to start writing about college baseball, but most of the activities revolve around 35 inch tires and shooting something... anyway we also have an online presence, and do printing and web design. I used to teach, and my wife was a nurse.. but we cashed it all in to live on the beautiful north santiam river. I also teach kayaking, and my wife is working on becoming a certified nutritionist. You can check out our paper
www.thecanyonweekly.com
edited by Riverduck on 5/9/2012
0 permalink
5/9/2012 10:57:14 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
WOW, neat stuff. I'll check out the publication.

Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

WA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 3-0

It is more of a local community paper that is driven my local advertising. We also have an online presence, and do printing and web design. I used to teach, and my wife was a nurse.. but we cashed it all in to live on the beautiful north santiam river. I also teach kayaking, and my wife is working on becoming a certified nutritionist. You can check out our paper
www.thecanyonweekly.com
0 permalink
5/9/2012 11:06:11 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RiverDuck, check your PG email.
0 permalink
5/10/2012 8:47:29 AM

Duckfan127
Duckfan127
UCLA 2-1
AZ 2-1
UO 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
Zags 2-1
edited by Duckfan127 on 5/10/2012
0 permalink
5/10/2012 12:39:22 PM

ASU74
ASU74
UCLA 3-0
Aziz 3-0
Ore 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
XGon 2-1 Boy do I hate calling this one, but the Devils have not been that hot on the road especially in the NW Territories

Duckfan127: It assists DM when you use his abbreviations....see his post to Riverduck.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/10/2012 1:49:38 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
From RD

[font=Helvetica, arial]WA 2-1[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]AZ 2-1[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]OR 3-0[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]Stan 3-0[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]OSU 3-0[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]ASU 3-0[/font]

Duckfan127 wrote:
UCLA 2-1
AZ 2-1
UO 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
Zags 2-1

Like duck, like duckling. (except duckling missed a game) Ducks never were very good at following directions. It's a wonder they ever know how fly south AND manage to return.
+1 permalink
5/10/2012 2:39:59 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
UCLA 2-1
Ariz 2-1
Ore 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
0 permalink
5/10/2012 3:42:24 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
UCLA 2-1
Ariz 2-1
Ore 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1

watching OSU last week, where do you seeing them playing right now.. low middle high.. you guys actually hit the ball hard at times. We have a let down rpi wise for the last 8 games, then bam.. into the playoffs, starting with OSU. Meaning that every game means a ton. I think the Oregon/OSU matchup is going to be one of the better ones of the season. Like flipping a coin if you ask me.
edited by Riverduck on 5/10/2012
0 permalink
5/10/2012 3:45:48 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
From RD

[font=Helvetica, arial]WA 2-1[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]AZ 2-1[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]OR 3-0[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]Stan 3-0[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]OSU 3-0[/font]
[font=Helvetica, arial]ASU 3-0[/font]

Duckfan127 wrote:
UCLA 2-1
AZ 2-1
UO 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
Zags 2-1

Like duck, like duckling. (except duckling missed a game) Ducks never were very good at following directions. It's a wonder they ever know how fly south AND manage to return.
Ha- did you see my video of the beaver getting stuck in traffic.. still sore over tuesday? Pretty funny to see our closer go all haywire on you guys. But, I was pretty nervous. Kind of a preview of what is coming up. Can't wait. Sherfs interview was classic. He kept talking about how great he felt. I still liked Madison B as our all time closer thus far
0 permalink
5/10/2012 6:11:33 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
From RD

WA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 3-0

Duckfan127 wrote:
UCLA 2-1
AZ 2-1
UO 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
Zags 2-1

Ha- did you see my video of the beaver getting stuck in traffic.. still sore over tuesday? Pretty funny to see our closer go all haywire on you guys. But, I was pretty nervous. Kind of a preview of what is coming up. Can't wait. Sherfs interview was classic. He kept talking about how great he felt. I still liked Madison B as our all time closer thus far

Nope. Not sore at all over Tuesday (other than the usual Yeskie hate). I was okay with our performance and look forward to the Civil War series at Goss. I think we got the ability to take that series as much as y'all do. Course, I'll take the Beavs any day and twice on Sundays.

And I think I missed the beaver stuck in traffic.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 13