Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Collegiate Baseball Magazine Poll?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/15/2012 6:54:16 AM

sigsky
sigsky
Oregon 1st? Florida State 6th? I guess we have started a brand new season and everything before last week is wiped clean. But if this is the case then Florida State should not be ranked at all after going 1-3 against unranked opponents. My local newspaper actually publishes this poll and indicates it is based on votes from coaches (soccer?), sports writers (figure skating?) and sports information directors. Is this really true? I would have bet you couldn't find 2 people outside of Eugene that thought the Ducks were No. 1. I used to have some respect for this poll. I know the polls don't matter but for me they are fun to follow. With respect to Kendall, for me the NCBWA and USA Today polls are the legit ones.
0 permalink
5/15/2012 7:55:51 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
sigsky wrote:
Oregon 1st? Florida State 6th? I guess we have started a brand new season and everything before last week is wiped clean. But if this is the case then Florida State should not be ranked at all after going 1-3 against unranked opponents. My local newspaper actually publishes this poll and indicates it is based on votes from coaches (soccer?), sports writers (figure skating?) and sports information directors. Is this really true? I would have bet you couldn't find 2 people outside of Eugene that thought the Ducks were No. 1. I used to have some respect for this poll. I know the polls don't matter but for me they are fun to follow. With respect to Kendall, for me the NCBWA and USA Today polls are the legit ones.
Yeah, I agree 100%. I always laugh at the NCBWA. I think they just do what they want.. Kendall's is usually the best, Baseball America is decent. USA/Coaches is usually spot on, but having the ducks at 10, and FSU at 1, that was strange. But yeah, the ducks are in the 4-6 range IMo.
0 permalink
5/15/2012 7:42:16 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Not agitated one way or the other over this because it's a good thing IMO to have polls that don't always fall into line with each other. There is an argument to be made in favor of Oregon over Florida State. Look at the ISRs, for example: 1 through 4: UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, Florida State. Their SOSes: 1, 3, 2...and 28.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Collegiate Baseball Magazine Poll?