Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » One seed at a road Regional?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/23/2012 10:57:17 PM

ConnorOSU
ConnorOSU
Kendall, if Oregon State sweeps this weekend would they have a shot at being a one seed in a Regional away from Corvallis?
0 permalink
5/24/2012 8:18:30 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
No chance.. I would be asking the question- will there season be done if they get swept by the ducks?
edited by Riverduck on 5/24/2012
0 permalink
5/24/2012 8:34:30 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
ConnorOSU wrote:
Kendall, if Oregon State sweeps this weekend would they have a shot at being a one seed in a Regional away from Corvallis?

The only time that happens is when the committee wants to reward a program with a hosting opportunity even though they don't quite have a #1 resume. An example would be a northern program who built a brand new stadium and who had a good season. See Connecticut in 2010. But they don't do it just to do it, and there doesn't seem to be a program that fits the Connecticut description this year.

Oregon State has an RPI of 38 anyway. How could you possibly see them being a #1 seed ANYWHERE?
+1 permalink
5/24/2012 9:11:20 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, and don't they pretty much have their minds made up, and Sundays score really does not factor in as much?
I think he was hoping their RPI would jump high enough up if they beat a 5 rpi team. If I remember, when they beat us the first time their RPI went up 4-8 points at best.
0 permalink
5/24/2012 9:41:15 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Riverduck wrote:
Yeah, and don't they pretty much have their minds made up, and Sundays score really does not factor in as much?
I think he was hoping their RPI would jump high enough up if they beat a 5 rpi team. If I remember, when they beat us the first time their RPI went up 4-8 points at best.

Right. At this point, even the best wins don't have much of an impact. Those guys don't have a prayer to be a #1 seed.
0 permalink
5/24/2012 9:47:52 AM

ConnorOSU
ConnorOSU
First of all RD, the Beavers will be in the field if they lose their final three games by a combined 30 runs. So stop being delusional.

Miami, thanks for the clarification.
0 permalink
5/24/2012 12:02:23 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I guess what I should have said is that the beavs have about as good a chance to be a 1 seed as their chance to to not be in a regional.
0 permalink
5/24/2012 11:18:41 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Silly RiverDuck. I'm loving your confidence right now. Are you still going wine tasing this weekend and possibly missing a historic feat by your Duckies? If you are brave enough to venture to Corvallis on Friday, come on by Section 9 and we we will show you some good old Beaver hospitality.

Riverduck wrote:
I guess what I should have said is that the beavs have about as good a chance to be a 1 seed as their chance to to not be in a regional.
0 permalink
5/25/2012 1:34:20 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm scared of what you mean by beaver hospitality...especially with you, DM, and I...
0 permalink
5/25/2012 1:58:59 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well, my wife pretty much hates baseball. If I tell her I am going to the game.. she will pretty much make me sleep in the shed. I will be following it, not sure if I want to listen to parker, or the oregon guys. I will figure it out. Any streams out there I don't know about?
0 permalink
5/25/2012 2:00:25 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BB- the only confidence I have right now is the past success of the team. You and I and everyone else really does not have a clue who will win. Would be so sweet to win a title and seed at goss though.
0 permalink
5/25/2012 2:04:02 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Riverduck wrote:
Well, my wife pretty much hates baseball.

Why did you marry her? Was it perhaps in the dark days before UO had a baseball team, and you didn't realize?

j/k, Mrs. Riverduck. Not trying to ruffle feathers.
0 permalink
5/25/2012 4:41:05 PM

borgguy
borgguy
i think if the beavs had performed better against (ie swept) utah and wazzou there might be room for this discussion. i think the beavs will be a very dangerous 2 seed wherever they land, and with a little luck we can get a situation similar to 2008 when we went on the road for the regional but were able to host the super..

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/26/2012 5:33:59 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
borgguy wrote:
i think if the beavs had performed better against (ie swept) utah and wazzou there might be room for this discussion. i think the beavs will be a very dangerous 2 seed wherever they land, and with a little luck we can get a situation similar to 2008 when we went on the road for the regional but were able to host the super..

I think it was 2007 and the super should have been at Michigan, but they started tearing up their field the day after the regular season ended and so Corvallis got the Super regional bid. It is possible, if the cards play righ,t that the Beavers end up 4th in conference and could get a regional. Not saying it will happen, but, in spite of MiamiBaseball explanation, it could. This IS Pat Casey's team we are talking about.
0 permalink
5/27/2012 6:10:15 PM

BTExpress
BTExpress
Administrator
Possible #1 Seed traveling could be Kentucky to Miami, FL Regional.

Mark Light Field in Coral Gables holds 5,000. Cliff Hagan Stadium in Lexington holds 3,000.
edited by BTExpress on 5/27/2012
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » One seed at a road Regional?