Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
5/31/2012 9:04:26 PM
Here are my opinions, mostly just for discussion purposes. Not delving into the details of which team has the deepest bullpen or who’s better at fielding or batting, or any of that. Just looking at high level team numbers and running some analysis. Feel free to correct me if you take issue.
Hardest regionals (most even competition)
- Miami: Lowest #1 (Miami), #2 (UCF) and #3 (Missouri State) are nearly equal to #1, third-highest #4 (Stony Brook).
- Houston: #1 Rice and #2 Arkansas are almost equal, #3 (Sam Houston St.) is decent.
- College Station: #1 (aTm), #2 (TCU), and #3 (Ole Miss) are nearly equal 2 seeds.
- Baton Rouge: #1 LSU and #2 Oregon State.
- Eugene: #1 Oregon and #2 CS Fullerton.
- Los Angeles: #1 UCLA and #2 San Diego.
- Houston: #1 Rice and #2 Arkansas.
- Chapel Hill: UNC gets a #2 (ECU) that is practically a 4 seed, plus a four seed (#3 St. John), and a team that should be a 6 seed (#4 Cornell).
- Tucson: Arizona is borderline national seed good. Sure, they had trouble with NMSU (#2), but they are a low three seed. Louisville (#3) and Missouri (#4) are good, but definitely four seed quality.
- Gainesville: #1 Florida has a weak #2 (GaTech), and the third worst #4.
- Tallahassee: Each team is about right for its seeding (IMO) But why did #4 UAB get in the dance? Stupid conference tournaments....
- Raleigh: If NC State, Vanderbilt, UNC Wilmington, and Sacred Heart were to play every other quartet of teams, they would get beaten 1 through 4 by nearly all other regionals.
Gayest super regional “marriage”
- Palo Alto: Stanford and Pepperdine are very good, even though they aren’t the best 1-2 punch, and Michigan State is a weak #3, but Fresno State as a #4 makes up for it.
- Eugene, OR do you take Gary, IN to be your awful...: Did the selection committee “evolve” when they saw these two cities’ names and decide to pair them up?
6/1/2012 5:01:43 PM
Here are my opinions, mostly just for discussion purposes.....
Powered by AspNetForum 18.104.22.168
© 2006-2010 Jitbit Software