Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Day two surprises

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/2/2012 12:57:13 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Not really a surprise per se, but Miami being down 9-2 on the top of the 3rd in the loser bracket
0 permalink
6/2/2012 1:30:09 PM

borgguy
borgguy
if/when that holds... then the beavs will host the super should we get past LSU.... Big Grin

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/2/2012 1:38:38 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
If UCF wins, how is it decided where the Super is played?
0 permalink
6/2/2012 1:48:19 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Florida Beaver wrote:
If UCF wins, how is it decided where the Super is played?

All things being equal, it typically goes to the team that knocked off the national seed. So you have that in your favor, plus a better facility. So I would feel very confident that you would host the next round if you win this weekend.
0 permalink
6/2/2012 2:29:16 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Wow, Miami is really making the committee look bad...I know most analysts were questioning that regional as Miami as a host but that is just embarrassing....sorry MiamiBaseball
0 permalink
6/2/2012 2:35:01 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
OpihiMan wrote:
Wow, Miami is really making the committee look bad...I know most analysts were questioning that regional as Miami as a host but that is just embarrassing....sorry MiamiBaseball

No offense taken here. Our gutless players quit in the fifth inning last night. I hope the draft takes care of some of the dead weight.

Make no mistake, I give all credit to Stony Brook and Mizz State. They were simply better. And our guys not giving a flip made the scores that much worse.
0 permalink
6/2/2012 2:43:30 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Dayton was up on TCU 9-6 after six. Two very crooked innings later, it's TCU 19-9.
0 permalink
6/2/2012 3:05:30 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Very big of you...SB and MS definitely played their butts off. It's looking like the winner of the Baton Rouge regional can essentially punch their ticket to Omaha (LSU won't lose a Super at The Box, and the Beavs are pretty dominant at Goss...not to mention the travel all the Coral Gables teams will have to deal with).

MiamiBaseball wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:

No offense taken here. Our gutless players quit in the fifth inning last night. I hope the draft takes care of some of the dead weight.

Make no mistake, I give all credit to Stony Brook and Mizz State. They were simply better. And our guys not giving a flip made the scores that much worse.
+1 permalink
6/2/2012 6:08:28 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
OMG. St. John was down 4-2 and beat UNC with a three-run homer in the bottom of the 9th, 5-4. They were ahead of the Tar Heels for much of the game. But that was an great walkoff upset victory.

Not sure why they were the home team....
0 permalink
6/2/2012 6:27:58 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Dodger Matt wrote:
Not sure why they were the home team....

They were visiting team yesterday...see rules below:

Determination of Home Team

For first-round games during championship competition, the highest-seeded team
shall be designated as the home team. In subsequent games, the home team shall be
determined according to a formula applied by the games committee.
In determining which of two teams in any game will be the home team, the games
committee or the NCAA game representative shall designate the home team using the
following guidelines:

1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that
particular tournament.

2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times
they were the visitor, then the team that has been the visitor more often will be
designated the home team.

3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and
visitor, the games committee or the NCAA game representative shall observe the
following procedures in the order stated:

a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor
in the previous game shall be the home team in the game in question;

b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless
both teams were visitors in their preceding games; or

c. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be
determined by coin flip. The higher seeded team can determine whether they
will call the coin toss, or defer the call to their opponent.
0 permalink
6/2/2012 8:00:18 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I am surprised that the ducks actually have an offense right now..
0 permalink
6/2/2012 8:16:29 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm still surprised they are playing in the night game...just giving you a hard time
0 permalink
6/2/2012 9:37:24 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well, 1 game from the super regional. Our over rated team is now in a position to go all the way. We may be playing Austin Peay for the championship... Have fun in the losers bracket..
0 permalink
6/2/2012 9:40:15 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
I'm still surprised they are playing in the night game...just giving you a hard time

sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. I understand your grief OM. Not gloating. Just breathing a sigh of relief that we are starting to peak after our lowly showing at Goss.
0 permalink
6/3/2012 12:10:46 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Doesn't make you any less over-rated...just lucky. Pure DUMB luck.

Riverduck wrote:
Well, 1 game from the super regional. Our over rated team is now in a position to go all the way. We may be playing Austin Peay for the championship... Have fun in the losers bracket..
0 permalink
6/3/2012 1:19:08 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I guess I need to repeat myself.. sometimes it is just better to be lucky than good. So much for northwest dominance.. I guess we will find out tomorrow who the best team in the state is.
0 permalink
6/3/2012 1:20:21 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Doesn't make you any less over-rated...just lucky. Pure DUMB luck.

Riverduck wrote:

And a lucky duck.. is a happy duck!! Have fun!!
0 permalink
6/3/2012 2:34:12 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Why because you guys got an easy path and a regional at home, or because the Beavs had to travel to Baton Rouge and face a 10,000 fan crowd and LSU. Your win against Peay-Peay at home should have been a loss!

Ducks are garbage, should be playing through losers bracket...that wasn't luck, it was bad officiating VERY bad officiating. OSU 4-1 UO, we are the best team in the NW (head to head says it all). I don't care if OSU loses 50-0 tomorrow, Beavs doggy style Ducks!

Riverduck wrote:
I guess I need to repeat myself.. sometimes it is just better to be lucky than good. So much for northwest dominance.. I guess we will find out tomorrow who the best team in the state is.
0 permalink
6/3/2012 9:10:03 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah- hosting at home makes things.. just better. To base our win tainted is ridiculous. People make bad calls.. It is not the ducks fault that ap choked in that inning. It was not like that bad call would have ended the inning. All the teams that finished above you are having a better time in the regionals, because they earned it. The ducks have won 44 games this year. When was the last time the beavs won that many in a year at this point of the season?
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Day two surprises