Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » signee DB is great prior to draft - then what?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/16/2012 7:05:41 AM

MAAAHTY422
MAAAHTY422
That said, schools like UF, Miami, Texas, and Texas A&M now have gaping holes as many have already lost a handful or more of highly drafted signees when they were expecting (hoping) to bring at least a few of those guys to school. I think when a Top 250 Perfect Game or a Top 500 Baseball America prospect signs with factories like that it gives the players a sometimes deserved, sometimes undeserved bump so the guy who is ranked 125th but signed to UF or Miami suddenly gets picked in the sandwich round. The last four years this has been particularly obvious.

That said, Miami and Florida (and to a lesser extent FSU) will need to be very aggressive going after the mid and late round and undrafted juco players who nonetheless were All Conference in Florida Jucos and similarly Texas & The Aggies will likewise likely have to do the same to round out their classes.

Is there a web site of discussion board where someone keeps track of late signees (kids signed after the draft)? If no such Database exists, perhaps we then add a thread of 2012 signees as Miami's class of Correa, Almora, Traveiso, Barnum, and Marin have all signed and while Miami may have oversigned slightly (especially with Weichel likely to be the next to go) I think when they signed their class only 2 were in the Top 100 HS prospects alone so to have six taken in Top 100 means Miami will have to fill holes the Juco Route.

I know UF has similar horror stories.

So if anyone has info on late adds to D1 schools be they Juco or otherwise for 2012, please either attach or better yet start a thread with a more TO THE POINT subject and we can all add info that we can verify from there.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » signee DB is great prior to draft - then what?