Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Lamenting 40 years of Title IX

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/17/2012 9:26:39 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I'm tired of seeing the commercial celebrating Title IX. It's one of those politically correct federal regulations that have contributed to lessening of options for males. If you look at college trends, there are far more women in college and far more of them doing better than men in and out of college. Why did we need to "level the playing field" in athletics for women? So more people could watch the WNBA? Really, who gives a flying 4&q% about the WNBA? Meanwhile universities across the nation have had to shut down wrestling, baseball, and other men's sports because they don't have an equal number of women's sports. I've heard that some schools were begging girls to sign up for sports because they couldn't fill the teams. While the men's teams had to cut players.

Time to reverse this federal regulation.
0 permalink
6/18/2012 1:13:39 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Amen, Dodger Matt. Be careful what you say. I'm sure Obama is monitering what you say. When was the last time you had your tax returns audited?

Dodger Matt wrote:
I'm tired of seeing the commercial celebrating Title IX. It's one of those politically correct federal regulations that have contributed to lessening of options for males. If you look at college trends, there are far more women in college and far more of them doing better than men in and out of college. Why did we need to "level the playing field" in athletics for women? So more people could watch the WNBA? Really, who gives a flying 4&q% about the WNBA? Meanwhile universities across the nation have had to shut down wrestling, baseball, and other men's sports because they don't have an equal number of women's sports. I've heard that some schools were begging girls to sign up for sports because they couldn't fill the teams. While the men's teams had to cut players.

Time to reverse this federal regulation.
0 permalink
6/18/2012 6:40:18 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Ditto
See: http://www.examiner.com/article/csu-division-i-baseball-team-needed
edited by ASU74 on 6/19/2012

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post