Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Florida vs Kent State

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/18/2012 3:55:03 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1016
1-4 m3

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/18/2012 4:17:39 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1016
1-5 t5

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/18/2012 4:45:58 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1016
2-5 m6

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/18/2012 5:11:42 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1016
4-5 m7

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/18/2012 6:03:19 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1016
4-5 t 9 & KS walks 1st two batters, HBP, bases loaded, get a ball 4 rejected by 3rd blue, pop up & 1st seed jinx lives on....KS survives
edited by ASU74 on 6/18/2012

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/18/2012 6:09:05 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2080
Just logged on and saw the fistbumps. Sorry I missed a close finish. ASU, care to rehash that 9th inning with a little more ingles? Did the 3rd base ump call a check swing a strike on ball four?

Florida 0-2 and BBQ. I'm happy for Kent State.
0 permalink
6/18/2012 6:51:10 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
Posts: 51
He did call it Matt, and it was the right call

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
6/18/2012 7:44:23 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1016
Dodger Matt wrote:
Just logged on and saw the fistbumps. Sorry I missed a close finish. ASU, care to rehash that 9th inning with a little more ingles? Did the 3rd base ump call a check swing a strike on ball four?

Florida 0-2 and BBQ. I'm happy for Kent State.


Yea....KS pitchers threw like 11 straight balls, almost lost the game cuz they couldn't find the plate.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/18/2012 7:45:07 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2080
I just watched the 9th inning on ESPN's replay. That pitching by Kent State was atrocious. If I were a Golden Flash fan, I would have died or destroyed something just watching 11 straight balls to lead off the inning. And that guy who was called out on the check swing SHOULD have been walked on the previous pitch, which was way outside. But I guess the home plate ump failed to call a couple other pitches that were much closer already. Still, Kent State was lucky.

And then they get to face either Arkansas again or South Carolina in a couple days.
0 permalink
6/18/2012 8:04:27 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1016
new KS t shirt
GOT BALLS

good feed on justin.tv

see
College Ball (SPORTZWORLDTV.NET) Gamez & Moviez On
they got a chat w/ the game

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/18/2012 8:11:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2113
Dodger Matt wrote:
I just watched the 9th inning on ESPN's replay. That pitching by Kent State was atrocious. If I were a Golden Flash fan, I would have died or destroyed something just watching 11 straight balls to lead off the inning. And that guy who was called out on the check swing SHOULD have been walked on the previous pitch, which was way outside. But I guess the home plate ump failed to call a couple other pitches that were much closer already. Still, Kent State was lucky.

And then they get to face either Arkansas again or South Carolina in a couple days.

I say it is fixed.. lol good for them I guess. If they go on and win it all, at least the ducks could say they got beat by the eventual national champions.. but you and I know that will never happen.
-1 permalink
6/18/2012 8:21:35 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1016
Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
I just watched the 9th inning on ESPN's replay. That pitching by Kent State was atrocious. If I were a Golden Flash fan, I would have died or destroyed something just watching 11 straight balls to lead off the inning. And that guy who was called out on the check swing SHOULD have been walked on the previous pitch, which was way outside. But I guess the home plate ump failed to call a couple other pitches that were much closer already. Still, Kent State was lucky.

And then they get to face either Arkansas again or South Carolina in a couple days.

I say it is fixed.. lol good for them I guess. If they go on and win it all, at least the ducks could say they got beat by the eventual national champions.. but you and I know that will never happen.


RD trust me. Fresno St beat us in the SR, won the CWS & it doesn't make anyone feel any better knowing you lost to the CWS winner.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/18/2012 11:27:33 PM

beavos88
beavos88
Posts: 117
Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
I just watched the 9th inning on ESPN's replay. That pitching by Kent State was atrocious. If I were a Golden Flash fan, I would have died or destroyed something just watching 11 straight balls to lead off the inning. And that guy who was called out on the check swing SHOULD have been walked on the previous pitch, which was way outside. But I guess the home plate ump failed to call a couple other pitches that were much closer already. Still, Kent State was lucky.

And then they get to face either Arkansas again or South Carolina in a couple days.

I say it is fixed.. lol good for them I guess. If they go on and win it all, at least the ducks could say they got beat by the eventual national champions.. but you and I know that will never happen.


No one cares or remembers the losers. You got to win it. Or, you got to go to the CWS many times like the old Southern Cal teams, Stanford in the 80s/90s, Arizona State, LSU, or the old Oklahoma State teams (those Charlie Lau hitting fiends).

You remember the winner, though. I remember Fresno State. I remember Oregon State. I remember Pepperdine years back. LSU. I remember George Horton's Fullerton State 2004 team. But, I remember Augie Garrido's teams even more.

So what I'm trying to say is that your Ducks are doing good. But, Cal State Fullerton at Eugene ain't there yet. Not even UC Irvine circa 2007 close. .......even with Horton on the committee and Phil Knight bankrolling the team. Baseball is a little different. It's tough. It takes the right players, coaches, chemistry, etc. .......and a little luck. Like those golden flashes. I liken your Ducks to the Anteaters of UC Irvine. They started up their program in 2002 and made the CWS in 2007 and are pretty solid. Your ducks are so close, yet, so far away, especially with so many teams going after it in the pac. Good luck, Riverduck.
+1 permalink
6/19/2012 9:06:42 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2113
Yeah, another season in the books. Yeah, everyone forgets except the fans. I would like to say we are still building, but it is hard to stay out of the limelight and prying eyes due to our brand visibility. If anything it is a good lesson in life, that money can't buy certain things. If and if we ever win the big one, I just hope everyone can agree it came down to anything but the money. (know that won't happen..) But yeah, money helps get things started. I saw a blurb that Florida's Operating budget is over a million dollars, and Kent State was like 100,000. Now that is some bang for your buck.
-1 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Florida vs Kent State





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software