Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Hogs ....

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/18/2012 9:56:21 PM

ASU74
ASU74
beat SC 2-1

Hogs will play winner of Kent State - SC game (elimination game)

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/18/2012 10:04:19 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I'm curious if you watched the game did anybody else think the announcers were pro USCe? I ask cuz I wanted to throw something through my tv I was so tired of their USC bs. I know it's easy to feel that way when your team is playin.
0 permalink
6/18/2012 11:14:46 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Do you mean Orel Hershiser and the geezer who wears lavender shirts and purple ties? On the ESPN broadcast? Not at all. I was pulling for Arkansas and I did not hear a lot of bia either way. In fact, I like Hershiser because he gives info from a pitcher's perspective regardless of who's playing. He plays no favorites. The geezer is kind of annooying and sticks to whatever blurbs the ESPN staff provides: The magic of 22 consecutive postseason wins, Ray Tanner's teams have come from behind to win x of those games, y of them were extra inning games, blah, blah.... But overall, I think they present unbiased viewpoints.
0 permalink
6/19/2012 7:13:42 AM

BTExpress
BTExpress
@ hogfan4life...

I'm a South Carolina fan and am very happy for Arkansas and the SEC. Great college baseball game last night with outstanding pitching on both sides. Dodger Matt is right, Mike Patrick will always talk up the favorite with what the ESPN staff provides him. Orel did a great job talking from the pitcher's perspective. Going back to the South Carolina/Florida game Saturday night, I had to mute the game after 3 innings because the Mike Patrick was having a love affair with Florida. You just have to ignore 75% of what the announcers say. They are just puppets.
+1 permalink
6/19/2012 12:14:07 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I figured it was probably a little worse since my team was playing. Trust me I know just how amazing that run of wins is an I couldn't be happier for my team. I think what really set me over the edge was when the announcer said the hero of the game should be Webb(USC relief pitcher). Oh well it was a good game that shouldn't be overshadowed by something silly. Good luck to USCe I'm sure we'll meet again! Maybe twice (hopefully not!)
+1 permalink
6/20/2012 12:42:15 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Would love to see Arkansas and Arizona playing for the championship.

hogfan4life wrote:
I figured it was probably a little worse since my team was playing. Trust me I know just how amazing that run of wins is an I couldn't be happier for my team. I think what really set me over the edge was when the announcer said the hero of the game should be Webb(USC relief pitcher). Oh well it was a good game that shouldn't be overshadowed by something silly. Good luck to USCe I'm sure we'll meet again! Maybe twice (hopefully not!)
0 permalink
6/20/2012 10:34:59 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Espn would lose it since they always refer to us as the Arizona Razorbacks.
0 permalink
6/20/2012 10:40:44 AM

ASU74
ASU74
hogfan4life wrote:
Espn would lose it since they always refer to us as the Arizona Razorbacks.

What do you expect? They both got an "A' on their caps....Red is used by both teams.....and yes, I have been educated about Cardinal red from a Hog friend.

THEY ARE ESPN afterall!
edited by ASU74 on 6/20/2012

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post